image.obsolete

I have a lot of xxxxxxxxx.xojo_image.obsolete_20170710_171456 files in my main directory. Do I need these anymore?
I added these images by dragging and dropping them into my project.

Is there a clean up function like the Xcode IDE has in Xojo? Should I manually delete these files?

I just have them to be ignored by git. You can delete them, altough i’m not 100% sure what’s in it. I quess it was old information about changes made in a project (renamed files etc.).

https://forum.xojo.com/41458-definitely-want-feedback-on-this

I just make sure my Git sync is up to date and then delete the .obsolete files. No issues so far.

Thanks I deleted the files in question without issue.
I also added “image.obsolete_” to the .gitignore file
Originally I had “*obsolete” in the .gitignore file but that was not exact enough to catch the files, plus I found it too general and might actually delete files I needed (you should never name a file obsolete, but you never know!)

[quote=339893:@Steve Kostrey]Thanks I deleted the files in question without issue.
I also added “image.obsolete_” to the .gitignore file
Originally I had “obsolete" in the .gitignore file but that was not exact enough to catch the files, plus I found it too general and might actually delete files I needed (you should never name a file obsolete, but you never know!)[/quote]
Just add "
.obsolete_*” and you’re done with obsolete files. They are copies of renamed, moved or deleted files. And they saved my life once…