IDE takes 10 minutes to import an exported folder!

I have started a small collaboration project where other people design an interface and export the folder containing a container and some styling while I import it and add the logic. We are using Web Edition and surprisingly it takes 10+ minutes to load the folder. I have tried importing and drag and drop, both have the same lengthy wait where the IDE is completely unusable.

There are 4 styles of about 3Kb each and a container with tonnes of controls (maybe 100?) that appears to be 178Kb.
I tried RS2012r2 and it was much snappier.

I have logged a feedback case 27484 - ide slow to load imported containers

Out of interest, non programmers found the IDE easy to work around once they got used to the nuances.
One commented on the ability to develop an interface and send it to a developer would be a great touch!
Food for though Xojo team?

Really need the offending items as an attachment so we can see whats up

Yep will do

Chris wrote:
Out of interest, non programmers found the IDE easy to work around once they got used to the nuances.
One commented on the ability to develop an interface and send it to a developer would be a great touch!
Food for though Xojo team?

I am not sure that it is a good idea to let a client process its own User Interface / know how easy and fast it can be.

a. a client process its own User Interface
(S)He can desing a bad interface and the discussion may lead to: Client: “That is what I want !”
And you will have to place your name on the software. Go figure.

b. how easy and fast it can be
Why do you ask so much money for your software ?
Is a question you may encounter.

That said, Xojo people (Norman) can be happy to know that from a “end user” perspective, “non programmers found the IDE easy to work”.

a. not sure if “this is what I want” is an issue. It actually helps me understand what they want. I modify to suit and they always seem proud they had something to do with it.

b. I find the opposite true, when demonstrating how logic can be changed and they see the reams of code I often get “wow its like a book”. There is never a client that does not wish to get something cheaper. Educating them why you are worth it is the key and showing them complexity often blows their mind. Not telling them it was developed once and reused is sneaky but effective.

[quote=15002:@Chris Musty]Out of interest, non programmers found the IDE easy to work around once they got used to the nuances.
Food for though Xojo team?[/quote]

Actually… this is a really neat idea of how to include the customer in the design / functionality process of the application that is being created.

I can see how this workflow helps answer a lot of realistic / idealist questions and results with a product that meets the objective as well as one happy customer.

only 1/4 of people would realistically do this anyway but its nice seeing what they expect.

On another note I found the issue with the delay.
Pulling data from a network drive is slow, pulling from local folder is fast(er).

I am surprised that a 178Kb file takes so long to import into Xojo when it copies to my desktop instantly.

Is there some optimization that needs to be achieved in Xojo when importing from a network drive?