IDE still changes methods name

Working with Xojo in Windows (in my case Windows 7) and not going mad with changes of methods names is very difficult.
I filed a case (#30555) last December and it was solved. Well it seemed solved but it was not completely.
So I’ve filed another case (#33681) with a video.

But the question is, those who work on Windows, don’t you notice it?
Is it only me?

Hi Ramon,

The good news is that it effects all Windows users. I have been watching for the error so much that it has become a habit to click the tab button about 2-4 times (it depends) while watching the IDE to make sure the name/parameter has changed.

Its not you :slight_smile:

I’ve never noticed it before because I never use the Mouse Wheel in the IDE on Windows (even since the RS/RB days, it just doesn’t work very well IMO). But why in the world would you want the focus put on the method’s name in the inspector after “going to” a called method? 999 out of 1000 I am wanting to look at or edit code, not change the method name or adjust the parameter list.

Hi Merv,

But why in the world would you want the focus put on the method's name in the inspector after "going to" a called method? 999 out of 1000 I am wanting to look at or edit code, not change the method name or adjust the parameter list.

Yes, your right about wanting to change a parameter or method name on a single large project, as it does seem illogical. In my line of work I write many smaller programs and re-use much code as there is no need to reinvent-the-wheel. Reusing code, or modifying existing code often requires renaming methods and/or changing parameters. My guess is that a smaller program is created almost once-a-week (ish). The nice part is that much of the Realbasic and Real Studio code works in Xojo, so the program creation time is smaller. :slight_smile: