IDE - Snagit screencapture

I’ve tried several tools, including Snagit, to grap the code-editor content from the Xojo Windows IDE. All parts, navigator, inspector, toolbar etc. can be grabbed, but not the code-editor, which returns an emty graphics file in all the tools I tried on Windows 7 and 10.
Curious why…

Use IrvanView. This works on Windows7 Professional

On Windows i am very happy with WinSnap.

Ive never had a problem with the supplied-with-windows snippingtool.exe

Snippingtool is the most bloody tool ever used from Windows. Unfortunately this seems to be the only one working well with Xojo IDE. Thanks.

There is another simple way : Alt-PrtSc captures the window, then paste into Paint. Net, Photoshop, or your other favorite graphic program. That is what I usually do. Looked at snippingtool.

I have to admit that it is not very friendly as compared to 4-Command-Shift on Mac. BTW that is probably the best way to proceed if one is using a VM on Mac.

Actually, there is probably a venue for a small utility that would bring the ease of use of 4-Command-Shift to Windows…

[quote=242633:@Michel Bujardet]There is another simple way : Alt-PrtSc captures the window, then paste into Paint. Net, Photoshop, or your other favorite graphic program. That is what I usually do. Looked at snippingtool.

I have to admit that it is not very friendly as compared to 4-Command-Shift on Mac. BTW that is probably the best way to proceed if one is using a VM on Mac.

Actually, there is probably a venue for a small utility that would bring the ease of use of 4-Command-Shift to Windows…[/quote]

WinSnap? :wink:

ease?

‘I need a screen grab… was that OPTION_CTRL3 or 4, or was it CTRL, or SHIFT… ?’

4 attempts at a Vulcan death grip later and a file mysteriously appears somewhere , which I have to hunt for …

I use Grab on Mac and Snippingtool on Windows because I see the results at once , I can copy to clipboard or I can save as a file of my own naming.
I do confess that if you can remember which 3key combo to press and don’t mind hunting for the output, that method is faster.
:slight_smile:

[quote=242638:@Jeff Tullin]ease?

‘I need a screen grab… was that OPTION_CTRL3 or 4, or was it CTRL, or SHIFT… ?’

4 attempts at a Vulcan death grip later and a file mysteriously appears somewhere , which I have to hunt for …

I use Grab on Mac and Snippingtool on Windows because I see the results at once , I can copy to clipboard or I can save as a file of my own naming.
I do confess that if you can remember which 3key combo to press and don’t mind hunting for the output, that method is faster.
:)[/quote]

This all can be configured on OS X Level too… :slight_smile:

But i prefer Screenshot PSD (FREE in the Mac AppStore) on OS X. Screenshot PSD creates a Layered PSD in which every Object on the Screen is put on it’s own Layer. :smiley:

Of course I am using a Mac keyboard, always forget how to find the PrtSc button. :slight_smile:
@Sascha S - thanks for the hint.

THAT sounds cool… :slight_smile:

[quote=242644:@Sascha S]This all can be configured on OS X Level too… :slight_smile:

But i prefer Screenshot PSD (FREE in the Mac AppStore) on OS X. Screenshot PSD creates a Layered PSD in which every Object on the Screen is put on it’s own Layer. :D[/quote]

I’m going to have to try that

i used Grabbit for doing screenshot

On Windows have you tried Ctrl+Prt Scr SysRq to do a screen grab and put the picture on the clipboard. Then you can load it into Paint, or whatever.