IDE Scripting

I’ve been looking into scripting the IDE, to automate certain tasks, but I have come up against a brick wall in something I am trying to do.
It’s probably me being very stupid, but I cannot find a way to get a script to search the entire project for a text string. I know I could do this very easily with the search feature, but I was hoping that I could get a script to do this for me…

Also, and I think I already know the answer to this, is there any way to create a new pane or window that interacts with the IDE?

I don’t think you can search the entire project that way. Can you give an example of why you’d do that? Perhaps there is a better way.

Also, be sure to check out XsEdit, a free XojoScript editor that gives you more features than the native editor.

https://www.github.com/ktekinay/XsEdit

I was just seeing if I could somehow incorporate a “to do” manager.
To be honest, I wasn’t expecting the IDE to be that extensible, but you never know unless you ask.

At the moment, I just search for “//TODO:” and use the search results

Suggestion: Use #pragma warning "TODO: …" instead. Those will show up when you analyze the project and you can jump directly to the methods.

Thanks, I think that’s probably the best way to go.

I like to leave notes in my source so I know what I was doing and what I was planning

Notes… Do you know you can add Notes ?
(of course, not in the source code, but in Windows, Modules, etc.