IDE Script Access Code

I can access the code of a method using IDE Scripting with the Text property. But this includes only the heart of the text (code line 1, code line 2 etc). What is missing is what you might all the wrapper.

Function fYesNo(TheMessage As string, DefaultButton As Integer, WindowTitle As string) As Boolean code line 1 code line 2 .... End Function

What I mean by the “wrapper” is basically the line: [quote]Function fYesNo(TheMessage As string, DefaultButton As Integer, WindowTitle As string) As Boolean [/quote]

I have looked through the documentation as best I can but can figure out no way to capture this information.

Is there, in fact, some way to do this?

You may be able to get it by copying the selected item and then accessing it on the clipboard:

DoCommand "Copy" print clipboard

You cannot even select that line with the mouse. So you cannot copy it.

But my real goal would be to make this “selection” automatic within the IDE Script itself.

Thanks for chiming in.

DoCommand "Copy" print clipboard
is working fine, just select the method you want to read, docommand “copy” and you have the whole method in the clipboard, with the first line you want in it.

[quote=267149:@Robert Livingston]You cannot even select that line with the mouse. So you cannot copy it.

But my real goal would be to make this “selection” automatic within the IDE Script itself.

Thanks for chiming in.[/quote]
Just selecting the item in the navigator is what makes this possible. And that you can do with

GoToLocation("module1.fYesNo")

Thanks Pochez.
I was using Text to capture the content and that only got the interior of the code without what I was calling the “wrapper”

The DoCommand “Copy” does what I want including the wrapper and the interior.