[IDE] Please make Windows Zorder icons show more clearly their state, like on Mac

45227 - [IDE] Please make Windows Zorder icons show more clearly their state, like on Mac

I don’t know if this should not be a bug report…

On Windows, Zorder buttons on top of the IDE don’t change when clicked on them whatsoever. They give visually no idea about the state of the control order. Front and bottom make absolutely no difference. I am not even sure the buttons work as expected.

On the other hand, the Mac IDE shows very clearly the state of controls orders, and change when clicked.

Attached are
zorderIcons.PNG : Windows
Mac Zorder Icons.png : Mac

Workarounds:
Edit control order on Mac

<https://xojo.com/issue/45227>

I have used front and back. They do work.

As for the remainder of your post, indeed that would be welcome!

Yes, they do function. I verified by loading the project on Mac. But without any visual indication it is no way to work.

It should be a bug report. There’s no reason they should behave differently between platforms.

Tested this morning. My window is quite complex, some controls are child and others not. I guess the one I wanted to bring front was by itself.

Norman supplied a video demonstrating it works, I reproduced it and it works alike. So I guess I was confused, and apologize for the trouble. Seems the bug was mine.