IDE Locked Tab Behaviour

In Xojo 2024, locking a tab results in the navigator still showing everything but restricts the selection to items belonging to the class that was highlighted when the lock was applied.

In Xojo 2014, locking a tab would filter the navigator to only show items belonging to the class that was highlighted when the lock was applied.

Is there any way to get the Xojo 2014 functionality as it is much better?

You can:

1. Double click the Class (window, module, etc.) to get the “locked tab filtered only to that class” behavior
  2. Right click, choose “Open in new Tab”

There may be other ways to get that mode, and it may depend on your IDE Preference settings:

Hi Mike.

I’ve used both those options before. The only problem with them is that you end up with one extra tab.

Think it’s time to log an enhancement request.

Everything about the IDE’s tab behavior needs to be burned down and started over. The Real Studio IDE didn’t get it right, but we didn’t get it right with the Xojo IDE either.

3 Likes

How old is the new IDE now? 10 years? The feature requests have been there from the beginning because the tabs never worked correctly.

1 Like

I spend most of my time in Xojo 2014 and the tab behaviour works well. In fact, the only obvious improvement I would make is to improve what happens when all the tabs no longer fit.