IDE issue 2016R4 Windows

[quote=331264:@]I don’t suppose it was:

“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

and/or

“Failed to locate Framework DLL?”[/quote]

I mentioned I had placed all C redistributable next to the exe. So It was “Failed to locate framework DLL”. Yet, I provide an installer, so unless he removed the libs folder, that does not make sense.

Frankly if such errors continue to accumulate, I consider removing Windows 7 support entirely.

Before now, I’ve had to install this to get around a “Failed to locate Framework DLL?” when all prerequisites and windows updates were installed on the machine. I’m not saying it would fix your problem, it might, but there certainly are times when all redistributables aren’t included with the application.

But that is the C redistribuable which is in the Extra/Windows runtime of Xojo. And I made sure to put all the DLLs next to the exe. I believe some versions of Windows 7 lack something else that conflicts with Xojo’s ability to locate its own DLL. The Failed framework DLL appears if you remove the Libs folder.

What really gets on my nerves is that the issue never presents under 8x and 10. Only with that pesky 7. And customers show usually no patience. At one point, better not sell than to get a boomerang in the face…

No, it’s not. This is the Windows 10 Universal C Runtime. The one in the Xojo Extras folder is the MS VC++ 2015 Redistributable.