IDE is too smart for its own good

I’m trying to import a database into my project but the IDE is turning it into a database object instead of treating it as a text file. I have tried changing the file type from .sqlite to .txt and other extensions that are in no way connected to databases but the IDE still imports a database object. Is there a setting I need to change in the IDE or something else I need to do so I can have the database imported as a text file to be copied into my app’s resources in the copy files step? I’m on a Mac if that has any impact. Thanks

You don’t need to import it into the project to have it copied in a copy file step

I didn’t realize that. Thanks

It looks like it didn’t successfully copy the database, only the pictures. Any ideas? Thanks

Did you create a copy files step & add the database to that ?

Yes, I picked the database file when it gave me the option and it is in the list. When I click on the app and show package contents then look in the resources folder it is not there, even though I specified the resource folder for the copy files step.

Did you out the copy step after one of the build steps ?
If it is just in with the rest of the project items then it’s disabled

[quote=55311:@Norman Palardy]Did you out the copy step after one of the build steps ?
If it is just in with the rest of the project items then it’s disabled[/quote]
That’s the problem, thanks again.