IDE Folders

Just a quick question, I thought I would consult the experts on.

My project I am working on at the moment has a tab panel with 3 tabs; each one when completed will have a large number of standard controls.

The tree view on the left side of the IDE obviously lists all of those controls along with all the other aspects of the project; that list is very long and growing rapidly. I’m wondering if there is a way to add some folders and move some of the controls into those folders, so that I can tidy up the tree view list and keep it more manageable ?

I’ve added folders for icons, methods and suchlike already, but I can’t see a way to do it for the controls.

Anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks.

Controls are assigned to windows or containers. You can’t move these controls into containers. Only if you make a subclasses you can it into a folder

I had a feeling this might be the case, thanks for confirming.

What we do, a lot, with very busy UI is make a container control and put the controls and logic in the container. Then the window with the tab or page panel gets the containers and the Navigator is less full of junk.

Thanks Bob.

I’m still getting my head around container controls actually. Its not my favourite part of coding in Xojo.

Oh man. Containers if not my favorite part of Xojo it’s a very close second. Programming in Xojo would really suck without container controls!

The functional part of the project is coming on really well. Its surprising though how fast that list of controls can build up.