IDE External Method

I noticed the IDE has no “selector” option for external methods. Is there a way to do this other than writing lines of code for declares?

I want to know if i can add a selection in the “External Method” code view.

Hi Derk,
Create a module and select that in the navigator. After that right click on the added module and there you find your external method.

HTH

[quote=201691:@Andre Kuiper]Hi Derk,
Create a module and select that in the navigator. After that right click on the added module and there you find your external method.

HTH[/quote]

I know how to make an “External Method” inside a module, not a problem.
But there is no “selector” field for iOS apps…

I need to add a selector to my external method so it shows as an external method, instead of having to write it as code everytime.

Select in the inspector the gearwheel, there is the selector

I don’t know what you mean andre. I want this:

Declare Function scale Lib "Foundation" Selector "scale" (classRef As Ptr) As Single

to be filled into the “External Method” editor in the IDE.
I can’t see any “selector” where i put (from the above code line)

Selector "scale"

into the External method editor.

What you show me is the “Attributes pane” which i can’t use for the selector if i’m not mistaken.

In the External method editor in the IDE i can fill in:
Method name:
Method parameters:
Return type:
Scope:
Lib:
Alias:
Soft: true/false

But there is no way to add the OSX “Selector” …??

This is not possible at the moment. You will have to write your declare in code.

There is a Feedback request for this. It has been implemented lately and is being tested right now.

[quote=201698:@Eli Ott]This is not possible at the moment. You will have to write your declare in code.

There is a Feedback request for this. It has been implemented lately and is being tested right now.[/quote]

Thanks i’ve seen that it’s … all ok… Read my way trough feedback.