IDE: Custom/Modified Menu Shortcuts - Overrides

Unfortunately, the IDE saves the customized/modified Keyboard Shortcuts in a “per IDE/version folder”.
Therefore, the customization is not being read when switching between IDE versions.
This is reported as <https://xojo.com/issue/49796>

There, @Norman Palardy has mentioned:

[quote]The overrides dir can be

• Shared among all users (in SpecialFolder.SharedDocuments)
  • Shared among all instance for one user (in SpecialFolder.Documents)
  • per instance of the IDE(where it currently is located)
    The IDE will locate the Overrides dir in that order[/quote]

So by default it is located here on my Windows machine:

C:\\Users\\juerg\\AppData\\Roaming\\Xojo\\Xojo\\Xojo 2017r1.1\\Overrides\\Keyboard ShortCuts C:\\Users\\juerg\\AppData\\Roaming\\Xojo\\Xojo\\Xojo 2017r2\\Overrides\\Keyboard ShortCuts C:\\Users\\juerg\\AppData\\Roaming\\Xojo\\Xojo\\Xojo 2017r2.1\\Overrides\\Keyboard ShortCuts
So I tried to move the file “Keyboard ShortCuts” to this folder (and delete them from the various “per-IDE locations”):

C:\\Users\\juerg\\Documents\\Xojo\\Overrides

However, no luck at all. Xojo 2017r2.1 doesn’t pick up the “Keyboard ShortCuts” from there. It works just fine with a file Window.defaults in that folder.
So I’m left with every change not being reflected in the other versions I’m using. Or in future Beta’s.
For me that’s annoying because of <https://xojo.com/issue/47395>

Has anyone found a way and can tell in which folder to save the modified Keyboard Shortcuts, so that Xojo 2017r1, 2017r2, 2017r2.1, … are picking up the same modifications?

On Windows a shortcut should do
On macOS an alias would work

A Shortcut/Alias in each “IDE-Version specific folder” to the “user-shared one” of course solves the issues that “one change is reflected in all (manually linked!) IDE Versions”.
But it doesn’t solve that one has to manually do that for each new IDE Version that’s going to be installed.

And in 9/10 usage scenarios this doesn’t make sense at all.
The “Override System Class Default Values” does it right - place the custom override “once for all (even future IDE Versions)”.
And I think we can agree that Keyboard Shortcuts should be the same: “customize once - for all IDE Versions”.
Doing something manually every single time for every new IDE Version: we forget it, are annoyed - need to figure out again where to link the files(s), …

@Norman Palardy: You have changed <https://xojo.com/issue/49796> from “IDE-Bug” to “Documentation: User’s Guide”.
Basically you’re saying that the IDE works as expected. However, I can’t figure out how it is designed to work so that the customization is shared. So I ask again: How to do that? Which file in which location? So that I don’t need to link/copy/do-anything-manually for every upcoming Beta or final IDE Version.

If this doesn’t work as designed (even if Documentation is missing), then please change the Feedback back to “Bug (or Feature Request) for the IDE”. Right now I have to assume that I’m unable to figure out how it works - so here I am asking.

I know it’s only 2 days since my last post here…
Has anyone figured this out? Or is it more likely that the IDE doesn’t do what it is supposed to do (according to @Norman Palardy 's information), meaning: there currently is no way that the IDE looks itself in a (shared/user) folder, and so we have to manually link/copy our modified shortcuts for each single and upcoming IDE version?

Maybe it still expects the version in the Documents folder?

C:\\Users\\juerg\\Documents\\Xojo\\Xojo\\Xojo 2017r2.1\\Overrides\\

[quote=360019:@shao sean]Maybe it still expects the version in the Documents folder?

C:\\Users\\juerg\\Documents\\Xojo\\Xojo\\Xojo 2017r2.1\\Overrides\\

That’s version specific. Which is exactly what he (rightly) complains about.

I’m aware that it is version specific, but just wondering if the Documents folder still requires it or not… If it does, he could possibly mark that as a bug…