IDE Can get unbearably slow! Mac 12.4

At times the Ice gets REALLY slow in just about everything. I mean in the code editor typing takes like a second to show up. If i try to use the color picker the new value does not show right away… and when it has if I moved the cursor it appears in a different place then it was originally supposed to.

Shutting down Xojo and or restoring can take care of it…

Anyone else seeing this?

-Karen

Nope. On MBP M1, macOS 12.5, Xojo 2022r2. But my projects are still small. Do you see this, when machine is rebooted for a clean start, with one of the example projects loaded?

I only see it when I have had Xojo open for awhile… rebooting speeds it up again… (well it’s never exactly speedy - but at least not frustratingly slow!)

BTW I see it occasionally both on an intel 2019 27" i9 Mac with 40GB RAM and a late 27" 2015 iMac with an i5 and 24GB RAM as well as in both 2022r1.1 and 2019R1.1

As I have no way to reproduce reproduce there is not point in putting it in issues.

-Karen

What does the Activity Monitor say about the running processes and COU and RAM usage?

1 Like

If it happens after a long session, check the apps memory usage when you see this happening (64036). Restart the app and see how it compares with a fresh run.

Also check how many workspaces you have open (64246)

If anyone wants to [BugBash2022Nominee] those two it would be appreciated as I’ve run out.

Torsten Bernhard beat me to nominating the bug.

2 Likes

Each time we do something in Xojo (as in everything else), we can undo that something.

After some hours of work, I wonder what the impact is on speed.

The only way to know (big project, lots of plugins - all MBS for example) is to save the project AND quit Xojo.
Then restart…
(A reboot can also be useful in case of downloading small files or repeated consultation of - different - internet pages: the files are placed in the cache of the browser…).