IDE auto-scroll disable

I’m using Xojo 2013R3.3 and Windows 8.1 and, as I’m sure most of us are, I’m big into keyboard shortcuts over mouse clicks. One particular issue is when I’m in a code form and I hit a key such as Home, End, Shift-Home, etc. on a line of code it automatically causes the IDE to center that line in the code window or, in other words, it auto scrolls up or down to center the line i’m editing. This is extremely frustrating as it causes me to lose focus for a few seconds and throws me off. Is there any way to disable this behaviour?

I asked the same question a couple days ago because it’s very annoying.

I get the same problem of loosing my place in code and being thrown off while I scan for where the text caret went.

I’m a fast touch typer and use home/end all the time, and every time the view centers I get thrown out of “the zone” while I relocate where I was.

Same here, the less mouse usage the better.

I mentioned the language clues and line numbers a while ago. It should show when moving the text caret with the keyboard, but as it is, I have to move the mouse just to see what line I’m on and for language clues, forcing mouse usage all the time.

EDIT: Forgot… There was supposed to be options for the Home/End keys under preferences/coding, but on my version (Latest version, did an update check) there’s no such thing.

Yes, you are right, it is really boring.

I do not know how people do / can work with that bug.

BTW: I know ! Do not write long methods ! OR: buy a taller monitor.

Really annoying feature.

What about the cursor location after a run / method addition / etc. ?

Two Feedback cases for this (could be merged)

<https://xojo.com/issue/27898>

<https://xojo.com/issue/27124>

I want to give a HUGE thank you to the Xojo team for fixing this issue in 2013R3.4!

you mean 2013 r4 ?
there is no r3.4 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, that one. :slight_smile:

Yeah !

Now I have a REAL reason to wait for Release 4.

Note that I gave up the release notes read after a few lines / I saw how many lines in the rn…

[quote=53705:@Emile Schwarz]Yeah !
Now I have a REAL reason to wait for Release 4.
Note that I gave up the release notes read after a few lines / I saw how many lines in the rn…[/quote]
You’re complaining we fixed too much stuff ???

No, absolutely no !

It is just that I miss time to read them / I’d prefer read the release notes when I have the software handly, so if I saw something good-enough-that-I-can’t-believe-it I can check it (and this is good for my memory process: I remember better when I do that).

Thats a lot pals !

BTW: isn’t it very late in the night for you Norman ?

Sleep is vastly overrated :stuck_out_tongue: