Icon Space in Windows Menus

Is there a way to lose the space to the left of menu items in Windows if you’re not using icons?

What lose space ?

“Lose the space” - it means “eliminate or get rid of the space” which is set aside for the icons on the Menus in Windows.

That “space” is not just for icons. And no, it cant be removed.

Thank you for your reply, Ivan.
There’s space in the Windows menus, but not on MacOS. What is that space for, if not for icons?

[quote=467592:@Andy Broughton]Thank you for your reply, Ivan.
There’s space in the Windows menus, but not on MacOS. What is that space for, if not for icons?[/quote]

A check mark, you can emulate checkboxes or radio buttons with the menus

Seems the space is much bigger in Windows than on MacOS. Too bad there’s no option to eliminate the extra space, leaving enough space for just the checkbox. Doesn’t look great.

That is only your opinion if you compare diferen OSes. But for a windows user an app without that feature is the one that will look odd since the all others will have it.

Fair enough. Just getting too used to the clean look of MacOS. Ironic, since the last 25 years or so I was only using Windows…

Thanks!

I assume Xojo doesn’t ship with the “standard” windows Icons (Open/Save/Cut/Copy/Paste, etc.)?

The Xojo IDE doesn’t come with any icons built-in, at least not those that you can readily use in your projects.

I’ve been using https://www.iconshock.com/ for a long time, which has many free icons, plus their premium bundle offering is a good deal considering how much you get access to.

Technically yes, you can remove it.
But for that you need to rewrite the Xojo menu system as it’s just a little parameter to disable the icon space.