Icon Distortion

HI,
could someone please confirm if this is a bug in Xojo, or if my project file has somehow become corrupted.

It seems that every other time I open a particular window, the button icons in that window appear distorted ???
The strange thing is this only happens every other time?

Thank you all in advance.

Ok,
just recompiled my project in 2012 r2 and it now works perfectly again.
There must definitely be some kind of weird problem in Xojo regarding button icons?

I am having the same problem with 24 X 24 PNG icons in bevel buttons.

Some flip with each access (IDE to Run for example) while others are always distorted.

I have tried installing new versions of the icon images to Xojo, with no success.

This renders Xojo version currently unusable for me.

For an example see: http://psrtutorial.com/MB/zips/XojoToolbar.JPG

Same thing for me as well in bevel button.

Oh no, that means Xojo is now unusable for me too :frowning:

How do I create a feedback report?
I have looked at the feedback app but can’t seem to find out how to do it.

Thanks.

[quote=12681:@Richard Summers]How do I create a feedback report?
I have looked at the feedback app but can’t seem to find out how to do it.[/quote]

See the instructions on the welcome screen of Feedback:

[quote]To get started creating a new case, search for your issue using the search field in the upper left. Use keywords and short phrases, since many people may describe an issue differently. Try to find your issue in our system.

If you find your issue in our system already, you can add information to the case, add it to your favorites, or if the issue is especially important, you can add it to your “My Ranked Cases” list.

Once you search, you’ll be given the option to create a new case if your issue is not already in our system.[/quote]

I’m seeing this as well in Windows 8. Bevel button icons rotate 180º every time the debugger runs. They are right-side-up in one debugging session, then upside down in the next. It’s a very strange bug.

That certainly sounds strange! What happens in a built app? Does it change each build?

Unfortunately, I can’t build in Windows because my licenses are applied on two different Macs, but I do not see this problem on the Macs either with the debugger or the builds.

Ah. You could try deauthorizing one of the Macs and authorizing the Windows machine, if you wanted to gather some more information. Otherwise, please file a Feedback report with what you know and some project that lets us reproduce the issue.

Yes it happens on windows build app also.

I haven’t seen the problem in the Windows build from the Mac IDE, I’m only seeing it in the Windows IDE. It’s interesting to note that the bevel button icons are rotating in the window editor as well as in the debug app when using the Windows IDE.

This problem happens in compiled apps for windows. I didn’t look for the problem in the debugger, but it definitely happens when an app is compiled and then run on windows 7 & 8.

So dissapointed that I can now not use Xojo :frowning:

It makes no difference how many times the app is compiled or run - the problem still exists.

Richard has generated a feedback case (27259) of the same name. Others who consider it critical might want to add this case to their Ranked Cases.

Feedback works!!

The last status update :

Status changed from ‘Verified’ to ‘Fixed’.
This case has been fixed and is waiting verification from our testing staff.

Thank you Xojo

[quote=13059:@Michael Bedesem]Feedback works!!

The last status update :

Status changed from ‘Verified’ to ‘Fixed’.
This case has been fixed and is waiting verification from our testing staff.

Thank you Xojo[/quote]
When is this fix going to be released? I thought a Windows build from the Mac IDE was free of the problem but I just discovered during testing that the MouseEnter event causes the BevelButton icons to rotate 180º in any case. I have an app that’s ready for release except for this problem, so this IDE bug is holding me up.

+1 for eager access to this fix. Pretty much a show-stopper for our app - it looks horrible when the problem manifests itself, we can’t demo with it, let alone ship.

I have confirmed that the current Xojo beta fixes the rotating icon problem. Unfortunately, it also breaks canvas scrolling as it appears that DeltaY is not being calculated correctly in the Canvas.MouseWheel event.

Do you have a case number for this?