iAd in Mac Application

Is it true that you cannot place an Apple App Store iAd into a Mac App, only an iOS App?

see iAD @developer.apple.com and advertising.apple.com. first link is all about developing using iAD and the second is about the advertising ecosphere itself.

Scott,
There is nothing in the links that you provided that says that you can put an Apple iAd inside a Mac application, only that you can create and manage iAd ads on a Macintosh.

Even when I log into my Apple developer account there is nothing showing me how to add and I had to my Mac application. If I go into the iOS side of my Apple developer account then I get lots of details on ‘Using iAd in Your iOS Apps’.

So I must assume that iAds are for iOS only.

[quote=45368:@David Cox]Scott,
There is nothing in the links that you provided that says that you can put an Apple iAd inside a Mac application, only that you can create and manage iAd ads on a Macintosh.

Even when I log into my Apple developer account there is nothing showing me how to add and I had to my Mac application. If I go into the iOS side of my Apple developer account then I get lots of details on ‘Using iAd in Your iOS Apps’.

So I must assume that iAds are for iOS only.[/quote]

I never said that it was possible. I just gave you the links where you can do the research yourself. I wouldnt be surprised that iAD is phone only. Phones are always online (well unless you are in airplane mode). This gives a connection to the iAD’s mothership for the ads.

Thank you Scott.