I saw Windows that comes to screen, but from where ?

Hi,

It’s raining windows here. This is one of these:

English translation:
Ouvrir: Open
Annuler: Cancel
Parcourir…: To traverse (Systran)
Choisissez un dossier ou entrez une adresse internet:
Choose a folder or type an internet address:

Xojo 2014r2.1,
Windows 8.1
2014 Two in One laptop.

I forgot to say that I do not have a window like that in my project !

The window comes when I used cmd-j to get my URL setting window.

I suppose you mean Ctrl-J ?

In which application are you seeing this window ?

In Word it means Justify, and in IE or Chrome it opens the downloads. Nothing like that. Or is it specific to the French system ?

I suppose you mean Ctrl-J ?
Yes…

In which application are you seeing this window ?
A Xojo project; that is why I ask here.

In Word it means Justify, and in IE or Chrome it opens the downloads. Nothing like that. Or is it specific to the French system ?
a. I do not use Word.
b. Same with FireFox, exists in Safari, but other meaning.
c. I do not use other OS version than French since I no more work at Apple France (no more needed to do that).

This is the window you get when you choose ‘Open…’ in Internet Explorer.
CTRL-O on my machines

Jeff: yes, but I do not write any code in my project to get that !

Could not reproduce the issue here with an average Xojo app… Even tried with an HTMLViewer on it… In which app and with which exact manipulation are you getting that window ?

The project so far:

1 window
1 TextField for the URL
1 HTMLViewer

The code in HTMLViewer:
HTMLViewer1.LoadURL(TextField1.Text)

[quote=134341:@Emile Schwarz]The project so far:

1 window
1 TextField for the URL
1 HTMLViewer

The code in HTMLViewer:
HTMLViewer1.LoadURL(TextField1.Text)[/quote]

Nothing happens with a test app. If the focus is in the textfield, beep. If the focus is in the HTMLViewer, no beep but no window. Verify it still does happen and post your project ?

If the focus is in the textfield, beep
Why beep everywhere ?

[quote=134351:@Emile Schwarz]>If the focus is in the textfield, beep
Why beep everywhere ?[/quote]

Impossible to tell. Post your project.

You wrote you project beep, so I asked why ?

I do not have it handly, will share it tomorrow.

BTW: sorry for the mistake, the keyboard shortcut is ctrl-l (l as in FireFox: File --> Open a location).

I just checked and I had troubles.

For the coming of the window, I made some screen shots, then ctrl-l to type a different date for the web page and get the window.
Note (of course ?) that the typed URL is not “pasted” in my TextField (the URL field). Not really easy this OS (even if with an external mouse, “its gettin better” (all the time ?).

So, I am the only one to get extra windows from Window 8.1 ?
(I recall a Find window from last week, but where is the screen shot ???)

[quote=134358:@Emile Schwarz]You wrote you project beep, so I asked why ?

I do not have it handly, will share it tomorrow.

BTW: sorry for the mistake, the keyboard shortcut is ctrl-l (l as in FireFox: File --> Open a location).

I just checked and I had troubles.

For the coming of the window, I made some screen shots, then ctrl-l to type a different date for the web page and get the window.
Note (of course ?) that the typed URL is not “pasted” in my TextField (the URL field). Not really easy this OS (even if with an external mouse, “its gettin better” (all the time ?).

So, I am the only one to get extra windows from Window 8.1 ?
(I recall a Find window from last week, but where is the screen shot ???)[/quote]

Difficult to follow when now it is ctrl-L and not Ctrl-J.

OK. Now I see it too. The HTMLViewer has to display a page, and it is necessary to click into it to give focus to it.

Then Ctrl-L does pop the Open dialog window. I entered the URL of my site http://MICR-Fonts.com and it did display fine. Then I was able to open an image in my pictures folder.

I believe you get this dialog as part of the native renderer since it is an Internet Explorer control. If you set the HTMLViewer to webkit, it no longer manifests.

No need to post your project now, since I found the explanation of the mystery :wink:

No, you do not really found it.

Windows 8.1 tooks the control just like OS X takes the control on some circumstances.

OS X: I had to change the cmd-r I used (R for Resize…) some years ago when they implemented AirDrop.

This is the same kind of mechanism.

To check that, build an empty project and type ctrl-A thru ctrl-Z… and see what happens.

[quote=134567:@Emile Schwarz]No, you do not really found it.

Windows 8.1 tooks the control just like OS X takes the control on some circumstances.[/quote]

Emile, I don’t care what you say about the system. Simply switch your HTML renderer to Webkit and the problem goes away. Now explain to me why, if the system takes control ?

Frankly at this point I am fatigue to deal with your bad reporting with cmd-J that is Ctrl-J and turns into Ctrl-L and now you tell me what I observed is not what I witnessed ? What is exactly your problem here ? Do you want a solution or not ?