I give up - back to Xojo.

Microsoft logo used to be green for a long while :wink:

That said, the PC installed base differs largely from Mac’s. Without inferring that indeed Apple uses planned obsolescence to force hardware renewal, fact is Mac users maybe more inclined to buy new hardware earlier than PC. New machines coming with new system, plus the free upgrade, would explain the high proportion of Mavericks adoption.

Microsoft, on the other hand, is present on all sorts of PCs, some being over 10 years old which probably run better under XP than 7. Lets not forget too that in many underprivileged countries, PCs they use could not support 7 even if they wanted to install it. Microsoft has always been bundles with new machines anyway, which probably explains why they did not offer free upgrades for 7 or 8.x.

[quote]No doubt soon after iOS 8 ships apps will have to be optimized for it to get approved for the app store.
[/quote]

Sounds realistic, but I doubt they would reject an app that while optimized for iOS 8 still runs fine under iOS 7.

It is purely off topic, but I wanted to share that I was in Madrid last week and saw the grand opening of the new Apple Store, on Puerta Del Sol, in the very center of town. Real nice :slight_smile: