HTMLViewer - Neither Webkit nor Native doing their job

@Duane Randall: Duane, you’re star. Embedding the required version in the HTML rather than using the XOJO manual recommendation of adding registry entries actually worked.

On the one hand, this seems to solve the Native issue, but I need to look deeper into whether it is viable for us overall - we had hoped to use Webkit across the board of all OS releases rather than be in the [potential] position of having to write / test / support three different Native environments, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

I have nearly finished getting the test project working, so I will still load it later today for interest. I’ll not mark this thread as solved just yet however, as Native was not the way we wanted to go and the Webkit issue is still an problem.

FWIW, if you change that IE= line to read IE=Edge, Windows will use the latest version of Internet Explorer that is installed. Ironically, that doesn’t include the new “Edge” browser.

A development tip: create some way of saving your HTML JavaScript and CSS as regular fees in a folder. Share this folder (using SMB or file sharing in your VM - Fusion, Parallels, etc.

Then, you can easily right-click the HTML file and choose “Open in Internet Explorer” (or Safari, or Chrome…) and use the built-in developer tools within the browser.

This makes it very easy to diagnose javascript bugs and to edit the HTML and CSS until it works properly.