HTMLViewer Buffering issues embedded YouTube

I have tried everything type of player I could find and different ways from Youtube to embed videos on a page I am displaying inside the HTMLViewer.

It seems to buffer and then just pause and never start replaying. I don’t have this problem using Chrome / Safari directly to view the pages with video, just inside the HTMLViewer using Webkit. This is on a Mac, have not tested on Windows yet because I need it working on both. My machine is a MacBook Pro 16gig running Yosemite and Xojo 2017 R1.1

Any ideas on why this is happening with the HTMLViewer?

Thanks

This is a Google restriction on playing video within an iFrame.

Htmlviewer on the desktop doesn’t use an iframe.

[quote=334744:@Tony Chamberlain]I have tried everything type of player I could find and different ways from Youtube to embed videos on a page I am displaying inside the HTMLViewer.

It seems to buffer and then just pause and never start replaying. I don’t have this problem using Chrome / Safari directly to view the pages with video, just inside the HTMLViewer using Webkit. This is on a Mac, have not tested on Windows yet because I need it working on both. My machine is a MacBook Pro 16gig running Yosemite and Xojo 2017 R1.1

Any ideas on why this is happening with the HTMLViewer?

Thanks[/quote]
There’s a lot of possibilities. I’d start with the easy stuff though. Make sure you’ve set the userAgent property to something legal.

Keep in mind it could be a loading https content via localhost issue.

I bet YT redirects to successive pages, like CNN does.

I noticed this the other day but I didn’t get around to putting in a feedback about it.

Examples>Communications>Internet>YouTube doesn’t work either (at least on Windows it doesn’t)

Thanks guys…

I made sure if I was using https all script calls was https. I tried it http and https. I used Youtube player, Youtube API calls, Voo Player, MonkeyPlyr, Cleaver Gizmo’s PLayer and few others all with the same results. The HTMLViewer is not running the embed locally, it’s viewing a remote web page with the video embedded on it.

It seems to be tied to Youtube only. I can use the same video with Amazon S3 fine. It seems to be Youtube trying to renegotiate the video quality when this happens. I can get the video playing by clicking on the timeline just a second ahead and it goes from med quality to high quality instantly. Not sure if the viewer & Youtube are not playing nice with all embedded videos.