HTMLView strips off URL after “#"

Hi Folks, Working on a project that needs to log into Instagram. How they do that is that you show their login page and then get an access token out of the redirect url that they send back. They redirect you to a webpage of your choice and add #access_token=??? to the end of the URL.

I should be able to parse that out from an HTML viewer shouldn’t I? I can show their login page, and then their response comes back and I get redirected to the proper success page but there is no # at the end of the URL that shows up in the Documentbegin or DocumentComplete events. It’s stripping that off for me somehow. I am not getting an error and if I do the same motions in Safari the redirect happens and I can see the access_token no problem.

How can I make the HTMLViewer behave more like the browser? Or how can I get the entire URL with all the extra information?

Any suggestions very appreciated, thank you!

[quote=149344:@James Sentman]Hi Folks, Working on a project that needs to log into Instagram. How they do that is that you show their login page and then get an access token out of the redirect url that they send back. They redirect you to a webpage of your choice and add #access_token=??? to the end of the URL.

I should be able to parse that out from an HTML viewer shouldn’t I? I can show their login page, and then their response comes back and I get redirected to the proper success page but there is no # at the end of the URL that shows up in the Documentbegin or DocumentComplete events. It’s stripping that off for me somehow. I am not getting an error and if I do the same motions in Safari the redirect happens and I can see the access_token no problem.

How can I make the HTMLViewer behave more like the browser? Or how can I get the entire URL with all the extra information?

Any suggestions very appreciated, thank you![/quote]

Try to look in CancelLoad, where the URL may be complete.