How to remote debug on a linux web server?

We have a web server here on linux and want to fix a bug.

Does anyone have experience using the remote debugger console stub on linux with web projects?

I do. :slight_smile: what do you need to know?

how do you use it with web project?

for me for example the cgi file is not transferred.

Debugging builds standalone apps at this point.

So I made case 31875.

So if I want to debug an application that is acting strange only on an iPad through a Web application on Safari, but seems to work fine on the web browsers on the various Desktop platforms, and this iPad is on my local network, can I debug that app using the iPad as my target?

Or do I have to repeatedly try something, post it, test until I figure something out?

[quote=164419:@Dan Harding]So if I want to debug an application that is acting strange only on an iPad through a Web application on Safari, but seems to work fine on the web browsers on the various Desktop platforms, and this iPad is on my local network, can I debug that app using the iPad as my target?

Or do I have to repeatedly try something, post it, test until I figure something out?[/quote]

When you run, your iPad on the same local network has access to the machine. Just look at the machine IP address in the network preferences, and use that as URL on iPad, for instance http://192.168.1.12:8080

Thanks that’s perfect.

Specifics for anyone else interested:
On the iPad, I typed in the IP address of the IDE machine (and port if different than 80 in the Debug section of the Shared part of the Build Settings), then started the debug on the machine running the IDE and it connected and displayed the program on the iPad!

Thanks!
-Dan