How to know how many MBS Plugins do I have in my Project?

Hello!

I wonder if Is there a way to know how many MBS plugins do I have in my project?

Thanks

Build the app and look into Frameworks/Libs folder?

Thanks

There are several advantages of running with smaller plugin sets. Xojo startup time is significantly better if you limit your plugins. Plugin compile time reacts in a similar manner. I’ve also seen where the Code Editor’s Auto Complete is much faster with fewer plugins.

I don’t think they get recompiled every time. I say this because when you change plugins it will recompile the plugins at debug and at final executable stage but only once.

at some point it is rumored that plugins can be at the project level. Then it would be easier and faster for the IDE to load. I cant wait for that day. I will upgrade everyone of my projects to that release immediately. as it will fix a lot of my issues with the IDE.

I think the idea is to keep current plugin format the way it is.
And someday have a newer version to bundle stuff (called library?) which can be dropped into a project.

[quote=296313:@Christian Schmitz]I think the idea is to keep current plugin format the way it is.
And someday have a newer version to bundle stuff (called library?) which can be dropped into a project.[/quote]

I dont know the details. I have just had some discussions of some of the ideas that might come down the road. I use the hell out of plugins and they have a horrible performance issue with the IDE. The more plugins I use, then worse the IDE gets. So moving to a per project based plugins (or libraries or whatever they are called), would make my life easier. With most of my projects I use half dozen or less plugins. But it isnt the same half dozen between projects. When I look at all the projects I have worked on over the last 30 days, it is probably (unique) 25+ plugins. Big different in performance of the IDE.

we will see when things happen.

Well, there is a long standing wish to use command line tools for building as well as for plugin analyze and precompiling.
The IDE could call those command line tools and have things run in background in parallel.

But practically some people simply keep a plugins folder next to the project.
And they than put an alias to that plugins folder in the Xojo folder, so they can switch easily.
Or if you just have a few big projects, maybe install Xojo copy per project with it’s plugins.