How to Italic and Bold at same time on DynaPDF?

Hello everyone!

I’m dealing with Drawing PDF’s with DynaPDF, I wanna draw a text with bold and italic styles at the same time.
I’ve tried to put bold first, and italic after but doesn’t work, It draws or italic or bold.

This is my code:

and I tried this without success:

call tblHeader.SetFontSize(rowNum, AllColumns, 9.0)
  call tblHeader.SetFont(rowNum, AllColumns, "Helvetica", pdf.kfsBold, true, pdf.kcp1252)
call tblHeader.SetFont(rowNum, AllColumns, "Helvetica", pdf.Italic, true, pdf.kcp1252)
  call tblHeader.SetCellText rowNum, 0, pdf.ktaCenter,   tblHeader.kcoTop, "testing programm"

BitwiseOr the two things together.

Of course the font for bold italic must be available.

Thanks Chris, I’ll gonna check it

By the way, How can I set the Size of the paper?, I saw that If I print in Acrobat, theres two options, adjust to page and Real Size

If I choose Reaal Size, it print trimmed

[quote=290400:@Gerardo García]By the way, How can I set the Size of the paper?, I saw that If I print in Acrobat, theres two options, adjust to page and Real Size

If I choose Reaal Size, it print trimmed[/quote]
The Manual says: MBS( “DynaPDF.SetPageFormat”; $PDF; “US Letter” )

And I do: call pdf.SetPageFormat(“US Letter”), but it say that expects integer not TextLiteral

[quote=290401:@Gerardo García]The Manual says: MBS( “DynaPDF.SetPageFormat”; $PDF; “US Letter” )

And I do: call pdf.SetPageFormat(“US Letter”), but it say that expects integer not TextLiteral[/quote]
Ok, I got it: call pdf.SetPageFormat(pdf.kpfUS_Letter)

Of Course!!!:

As simple as it: BitwiseOr(pdf.kfsBold,pdf.kfsItalic)

Vielen Danke Chris!

depending on your needs… gPDF might produce the documents you want in a much easier manner (I figure if Christian can stump, so can I :slight_smile: )

this same function isn gPDF is handles exactly like any other Xojo graphics object

pdf.bold=true
pdf.italic=true

full disclosure , gPDF does not support just any font, it is in fact limited to 5 basic ones Courier, Times, Helvetica, Symbol and Zapf, so I will give dynaPDF the advantage there… but for ease of use, gPDF beats dynaPDF hands down (my opinion, and yeah I’m biased)

www.rdS.com/gpdf

Well, Dave, I expect anyone who was or is interested in PDF in Xojo got the DynaPDF package. It was in several OmegaBundles.
(or the one from Einhugur or wrote his own)

[quote=295437:@Dave S]depending on your needs… gPDF might produce the documents you want in a much easier manner (I figure if Christian can stump, so can I :slight_smile: )

this same function isn gPDF is handles exactly like any other Xojo graphics object

pdf.bold=true
pdf.italic=true

full disclosure , gPDF does not support just any font, it is in fact limited to 5 basic ones Courier, Times, Helvetica, Symbol and Zapf, so I will give dynaPDF the advantage there… but for ease of use, gPDF beats dynaPDF hands down (my opinion, and yeah I’m biased)

www.rdS.com/gpdf[/quote]
OOO wwwwwooow Dave, thats very good to know that. Is this the class that you were working several time ago??.

Congratulations bro!.

By the other side, there’s no reason to fight, Opportunities are available to everyone. No matter if we are one,two or a a billion of programmers.

I think that You Dave and Chris are very good programmers and a source of inspiration for me. I wanna be as good as you one day, with studying, dedication and very very hardworking.

So Thanks to both.
Regards

Gerardo

By other side, I know that this wouldn’t be on this thread but, did you have an Excel Class?

I mean, the MBS classes for do excel its very good but LibXL License are too expensive for a very small project.
Simon Berridge’s Excel Classes are so very good too, are free, Obiously It doesn’t do all the big stuff that does Christian classes.

But it does the necessary things for work with small projects. But for example doesn’t have the ability to group rows.
by the nature of the XML Excel format that doesn’t permit to do that. I made a trial error saving a normal Excel file in this format and only hides the rows, but doesn’t show the Plus sign in order to expand or shows the hidden rows.

[quote=295442:@Christian Schmitz]Well, Dave, I expect anyone who was or is interested in PDF in Xojo got the DynaPDF package. It was in several OmegaBundles.
(or the one from Einhugur or wrote his own)[/quote]
doubtful

Well, buying a plugin is adding some tool to your toolbox.
It may not fit in first for a project, but it may fit if you use it over time in several projects.

Dave, this thread is explicitly about DynaPDF. Now that you have plugged gPDF, why not let it rest ?