How to implement Windows 7 TaskBar Progress?

Hi all! I would like to know if there is a way to take advantage of the windows 7 taskbar progress feature with Xojo.

Thanks!

for that we implemented WindowsTaskbarListMBS class some time ago in our MBS Xojo Win Plugin:

see
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/class-windowstaskbarlistmbs.shtml

Yes, I know about that. I just would like to know if there’s a way to implement it without buying a plug-in and with direct calls to Windows APIs.

Please see if this is of any help.

Of course you can go and read MSDN docs and write declares.
But from my point we solved the problem 3 years ago with the plugin class.

[quote=42743:@Christian Schmitz]Of course you can go and read MSDN docs and write declares.
But from my point we solved the problem 3 years ago with the plugin class.[/quote]
You are surely right. The problem is that I code for fun and I can’t spend 60€ just for that :slight_smile:

Gianni, I totally understand your frame of thought - HOWEVER, the MBS plugins will make your programming more fun. Really MBS - IMHO - is something that should have been in REAL in the first place. But this is even better - having a independent programmer doing this is a more elegant way of connecting REAL/Xojo to the outside world. REAL couldn’t do as good of a job even IF they hired Christian.

In every other instance I agree - plugins and 3rd-party apps are optional. But MBS really is one of those things that complete the master program. MBS really is all those things that you would say “why isn’t this in REAL/Xojo?” REAL/Xojo’s philosophy always has been - by their choice - being about as close-to-the-native-design as possible, which in a way is a little strange since the BASIC language has always been about RAD and doing the work for you in many ways. But consider it a blessing - just make sure you have a stack of functions as your own personal framework that makes things easier for you (and funner). And that’s what MBS represents too - a HUGE stack of helpful functions so you don’t have to DIY so much.

If you definition of “fun” is scouring MSDN - and it is fun - go for it. Syed’s link is very applicable. The advantage of that is that you understand better what is happening, and that may be fun for you. But if it’s one of those things where you just want to “plug it in”, MBS is the bomb. And it wouldn’t be the first time, there are lots of things in MBS that will serve you the same way.

And, in fact, I’m going to check out WindowsTaskbarListMBS - one fun thing about reading these requests is that it gives me another reason to use MBS.