How to implement Plugin-style framework in Xojo web development?

One, I would feel obligated to give it to, for their great services. The other (who’s begged for it almost 3 years now) I have no problem selling it to, to generate more services for the community. How else do you think I get a huge hosting service to agree to sell $4.00/month VPS hosting configured for Xojo web apps with a unique IP,2GB ram,20GB ssd storage, and 1Terabyte bandwidth starting. Most expensive package 8 Xeon cores, 80GB SSD Storage, 9GB Ram, and 30 Terabytes of bandwidth for under $100/month… plus give all customers I send their way 2 free months of hosting (so free for two months before they even see a card or paypal payment)… and I see no kickback because I’m actually doing background work for one of their partner companies, which invoked a small investment of my services for free. Such a service was not devised to undermine the Xojo Cloud but provide “non mass corporate entities (with deep pockets)” a method of application hosting that wouldn’t break them, especially hobbyist and emerging developers. This money from the domain will actually go into a pool which will be used to purchase Xojo licensed for a few of my not-so-fortunate students whose parents cannot help to get licenses for them… but these kids have great potential and Xojo isn’t just a “passing fancy” to them. I even suggested recently, a contest of sorts, for students to Xojo (Dana) because I see a growing number of tech interests and development among adolescents. My reasons behind decisions are not always apparent, but they are always for good intentions. If Xojo would give these kids licenses I would hand over the domain. But in the current method, I can sell a non commercial use domain (.us domains cannot be used by commercial entities), reward Xojo with the cash benefits for all their hard work, and help a bunch of great kids at the same. Believe me, I thought about it, but this seems to suit all parties to the maximum extent. XoomDrinks wants the domain for their USA based email services.

Add “completely clueless cybersquatter” to Matthew’s bio if you’re keeping track. BTW, Dot us domains may be used for commercial purposes. Egads. And smh.

[quote=108531:@Matthew Combatti]My reasons behind decisions are not always apparent, but they are always for good intentions.
[/quote]
There’s a famous saying about the road to hell being paved with good intentions :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=108531:@Matthew Combatti]But in the current method, I can sell a non commercial use domain (.us domains cannot be used by commercial entities)
[/quote]
If even remotely true the Xoom drinks would have issue using it as well since they too would be a commercial entity.
There are several examples of us domains in use by commercial entities - try http://del.icio.us
And wikipedia lists only a handful of “residency based requirements” which I can also find enforced by various registrars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.us

Old french proverb…

L’enfer est plein de bonnes volontes et desirs…

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions (meanings/desires) and no good deed goes unpunished. But, heaven is filled with good works (intentions made into actions).”

My grama use to say it about keeping promises (in french). Think it was turned into a song also.