How to address Multiple WebContainerControl

I’m still wrapping my head around WebContainerControls, I’ve created one with a checkbox and a popupmenu

I did 3 embedwithin as follows in the Session > Event Handlers > Open

[code] dim k as new popupcontainer
k.EmbedWithin(webpage1,0,4,k.width,k.height)
addhandler k.PopupMenu1.SelectionChanged, AddressOf webpage1.popupchangeaction

dim j as new popupcontainer
j.EmbedWithin(webpage1,0,k.height+k.top+3,j.width,j.height)
addhandler j.PopupMenu1.SelectionChanged, AddressOf webpage1.popupchangeaction

dim jk as new popupcontainer
jk.EmbedWithin(webpage1,0,j.height+j.top+3,jk.width,jk.height)
addhandler jk.PopupMenu1.SelectionChanged, AddressOf webpage1.popupchangeaction[/code]

On the WebPage itself, created a method called popupchangeaction with the parameters as “Sender as WebPopupMenu”

textarea1.text = textarea1.text+sender.parent.parent.name+" "+sender.parent.name+" send "+sender.Text+endofline

However, each time I change the popup menu, the selection did show up in the textbox as expected. However, the Sender.parent.parent.name and the Sender.name are always the same. The popup selection is the only thing that change.

If I use the Sender.ControlID, it changes with each embedded container but changes with each session.

How do I know which popup from which container is sending the result ?

Thanks.

If you don’t use the WebPopupMenu’s Rowtags, you can do

dim k as new popupcontainer k.PopupMenu1.RowTag(0) = "whatevername" k.EmbedWithin(webpage1,0,4,k.width,k.height) addhandler k.PopupMenu1.SelectionChanged, AddressOf webpage1.popupchangeaction

Then in your event handler, you can distinguish by Sender.RowTag(0)

Otherwise subclass the WebPopupMenu and add a Title or whatever property you want to it, which you will be able to set and read.

Thanks. I did experimenting with the helptag earlier and that seems to help.