How to add meta tags to webapp and retrieve from desktop?

I’m going to show the pages of a webapp inside of a htmlviewer of a desktop app.
The webapp is for buying a license-key and paying it with creditcard, using a SIX Saferpay terminal. So far, I have this working.

Now I would like to retrieve the license-key (and maybe other key-values) from the htmlviewer to the desktop app.

What would be a straight-forward way to store infos in the webapp and retrieve them with the desktop app?
Maybe I could add meta tags to a webpages header? (like: name=“license” content=“12345567”) ?

If yes, does anyone have an example for this. And then, how would I retrieve those in the desktop app?

Or, is there a better way?

[quote=196809:@Oliver Osswald]I’m going to show the pages of a webapp inside of a htmlviewer of a desktop app.
The webapp is for buying a license-key and paying it with creditcard, using a SIX Saferpay terminal. So far, I have this working.

Now I would like to retrieve the license-key (and maybe other key-values) from the htmlviewer to the desktop app.

What would be a straight-forward way to store infos in the webapp and retrieve them with the desktop app?
Maybe I could add meta tags to a webpages header? (like: name=“license” content=“12345567”) ?

If yes, does anyone have an example for this. And then, how would I retrieve those in the desktop app?

Or, is there a better way?[/quote]

Why not use an HTTPSocket to get that from HandleURL ?