How to add an icon to a File Type Group set?

How can I add an icon to a File Type Group set? I’ve tried everything that came up to my mind: dragging and dropping a PNG or JPEG image file onto the icon field, double clicking, right clicking, Cmd-clicking, Shift-clicking, Alt-clicking, Control-clicking…

What am I doing wrong?

Xojo 2019r3.1, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
Xojo 2019r3.1, macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
Xojo 2019r2.1, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave

it used to be that you just click in the icon panel (in 2019r1.1) and you’d get the icon dialog where you could drag in all kinds of sizes etc

that doesnt seem to work any more n 3.1

[quote=481539:@Grzegorz Pawlik]How can I add an icon to a File Type Group set? I’ve tried everything that came up to my mind: dragging and dropping a PNG or JPEG image file onto the icon field, double clicking, right clicking, Cmd-clicking, Shift-clicking, Alt-clicking, Control-clicking…

What am I doing wrong?

Xojo 2019r3.1, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
Xojo 2019r3.1, macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
Xojo 2019r2.1, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave[/quote]
Make sure the box for “this type is unique to this app” is checked.

ww thats not obvious at all that it has any effect
maybe make the icon pane enable / disable as this is checked / unchecked
<https://xojo.com/issue/59597>

Thanx, it worked!

It feels a bit weird though, as the icons are used even when the type is NOT unique to the app and the box is unchecked. So I had to check the box for each supported file type, add the icons and uncheck the boxes.

I’m assuming that check box amounts to whether the file type is exported or not
if the app isnt exporting the type the icon shouldnt be written our or used (probably not even set in the plist)
otherwise your app suddenly, upon installation, changes the icons that are defined and exported by other apps
that would be bad behaviour