How do you turn on Line Numbers

I am assuming that this is an option as Find lists the search results with location and line number, but my code is listed without line numbers and I cannot figure out how to turn themn on. It’s probably starring me right in the face.

Thanks,

John

AFAIK, the only way to view line numbers in XOJO is to mouse over a given line and view line number and position at the bottom of the screen.

Xojo doesn’t really use line numbers in the classic sense of line numbers in BASIC. As Roger points out, you can view the line number of a given line in the editor by mousing over it.

Ohhhh. Ok. I see that now. That will work. I only recently realized that command syntax was displayed down there. Did not pay attention to the numbers in parans.

Thanks

You can also double click the line in the Find results and go directly to that line in your code.

Only a single click is enough.

Windows users double click on EVERYTHING. :slight_smile:

On Windows this text is ■■■■■■■ small compared to the rest the text in the IDE. Created Feedback 2 years ago but it turns out that I am the only one complaining.

I’ve mentioned it before, but it wasn’t high on my list. It is pretty small, but I assumer it is so to accommodate really long lines?

How difficult could it be to add an extra config option, just to please me after 2 years begging for it.

the option is easy
getting line numbers to show and alterations to the code editor - you have no idea
it’s quite a complex piece of work to be sure

Sorry Norman, I think you’re making/pretending it to look much more difficult than it really is.
The line numbers are shown in the editor when hovering over a line.
So all the line numbers are known.
Therefore it shouldn’t be that difficult to show the line numbers in separate line number box in the front or at the back in the editor.

[quote=206662:@Norman Palardy]the option is easy
getting line numbers to show and alterations to the code editor - you have no idea
it’s quite a complex piece of work to be sure[/quote]

What about simply making the line number font a bit bigger ?

[quote=206662:@Norman Palardy]the option is easy
it’s quite a complex piece of work to be sure[/quote]

@Norman Palardy – I was just asking for a bit bigger font, no more than that.

line-numbering is over-estimated… I try to write everything into one line :wink:

• just kidding -
    Have a nice weekend lads!

[quote=206823:@Tomas Jakobs]line-numbering is over-estimated… I try to write everything into one line :wink:

• just kidding -
    Have a nice weekend lads![/quote]

You can’t. We should file a feature request to have C semi colons in Xojo :wink: