How do you safely update your app

Try deploying this for Xojo Cloud and then see what happens when you delete its CGI file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bze8ltvjdd9heyd/testForRichard.xojo_binary_project?dl=1

I notice that that Web app is set to kill App within 30 seconds of failing to find the CGI file. Normally, you’d do that much sooner, by setting the timer to run every 5 seconds. I don’t remember why I built that test app with the 30-second timer, but you can change that in the App.Open event handler very easily so you don’t have to wait so long before it kills the App.

Got this error when I deleted the appname.cgi:

Trouble evaluating response: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Source: Cannot read config at path /home/sites/www.example.com/web/testForRichard-Dev/config.cfg: No such file or directory.

Then Xojo Cloud must have CGI set up differently than ServerWarp.com does. Probably need to wait for Greg to reply, or someone who uses that Phillip Zedalis’ App Kill code on Xojo Cloud. I’m sure many do.

Yes it does. And Greg has been aware of this tread for a while. You send msg too.