how can i know on what webListbox's cell is the mouse pointer ?

hi, i need this : (i re-try)

when mouse goes on a webListBox’s cell (but not click on specific cell ) , i would know on what cell is mouse pointer … like as … Cel=10 row=5
i must update the text cantained in specific WebListBox’s cell or in a lot of cells, when the mouse pointer pass over a cell , position on this
or skims over a lot of cells .

in list webListbox’s events i have find only these 2 events

WebControl.MouseMove ( X As Integer, Y As Integer, Details As Realbasic.MouseEvent )
WebControl.MouseUp ( X As Integer, Y As Integer, Details As Realbasic.MouseEvent )

but with these events i cant retrive what is the real cell where is the mouse pointer

can anyone help me or suggest a good substitute of webListBox… (with this capacity)

The only way to get that information would be to use the JavaScript event onmouseover and possibly onmouseout, but it would have to be added to each cell.

Or, still in JavaScript, get the position of the mouse over the control, and compare with the Weblistbox scroll position and calculate in relation to rowheight and columnwidths.

It is not trivial.

tnx , do you have a link of an axample to this tecnique “JavaScript event onmouseover and possibly onmouseout, but it would have to be added to each cell.” ?

this “Or, still in JavaScript, get the position of the mouse over the control, and compare with the Weblistbox scroll position and calculate in relation to rowheight and columnwidths.” , is not usable, because the number of columns*widthcolumns on webListbox can be more large of the webListBox and the position can not be calculate …

I posted a link to onmouseout. You got to attach the event to each cell with javaScript.

The second technique requires writing a complete piece of program. As I said, it is far from trivial.

In both cases, it goes far beyond a simple post. Plus, you must be familiar with JavaScript.