How can I deploy xojo web app to Nginx as CGIs?

I looked up the UserGuide and realized Xojo Web can be deployed on apache server as CGIs.
And I just read John J’s “Load balancing with Nginx”, which deployed a standalone xojoweb app on linux.Admiring him.
I want to know Is there any way to deploy my xojo web app on Nginx as CGIs.
Or is there any method to let xojo web app communicate with Nginx but not a standalone web app.
I’m waiting and wishing someone could help me.Thanks.
:slight_smile:

Hi,

Getting Xojo web apps running on a web server is very difficult and there’s little or no documentation to help you. I think this is poor from Xojo but I understand there reasoning.

Here are a few things that are not obvious and crucial to run your web app as CGI: -

1. Web apps are 32bit only
  2. You need Perl 32 bit installed and working before your web app will work.
  3. You need to set the Port for your CGI app to something different to the port Perl is running on (or it all just sits there)
  4. The Perl script that runs polls the port so even if your user is doing nothing with your app, the Perl scrips takes as much of the processor on the server as it can unless you limit it

Stand alone apps are the way forward but they don’t run on SSL!

Good luck!

Jim

[quote=108119:@Jim Brock]Hi,

Getting Xojo web apps running on a web server is very difficult and there’s little or no documentation to help you. I think this is poor from Xojo but I understand there reasoning.

Here are a few things that are not obvious and crucial to run your web app as CGI: -

1. Web apps are 32bit only
  2. You need Perl 32 bit installed and working before your web app will work.
  3. You need to set the Port for your CGI app to something different to the port Perl is running on (or it all just sits there)
  4. The Perl script that runs polls the port so even if your user is doing nothing with your app, the Perl scrips takes as much of the processor on the server as it can unless you limit it

Stand alone apps are the way forward but they don’t run on SSL!

Good luck!

Jim[/quote]
Thanks Jim, this helps me too, to learn about xojo web deployment :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, you would typically deploy stand-alone web app (not CGI) with Nginx. There are several Nginx experts here who can guide you.