How are you exporting your apps to ipad?

I’ve built a simple application that I would like to run on my ipad instead of lugging around a laptop. But I’m facing a knowledge gap regarding getting the application on the device in order to run it. Note, I’m not currently interested in selling the app via the App. Plus, I imagine this is a necessary debugging step. For those of you that have crossed this hurdle, how did you do it? Do I have to revert to an Web application for Safari? Do I have to import it through iTunes? Is there a xojo-support registry tool?

thanks in advance

[quote=77435:@Chuck Monahan]I’ve built a simple application that I would like to run on my ipad instead of lugging around a laptop. But I’m facing a knowledge gap regarding getting the application on the device in order to run it. Note, I’m not currently interested in selling the app via the App. Plus, I imagine this is a necessary debugging step. For those of you that have crossed this hurdle, how did you do it? Do I have to revert to an Web application for Safari? Do I have to import it through iTunes? Is there a xojo-support registry tool?

thanks in advance[/quote]

Right now, the only way to “export” (if you can call it that) to iOS (iPhone/iPad) is by creating a web app, and deploying it to a server. Then with mobile Safari / Chrome for iOS, load the page where you deployed the web app, though it won’t be anything near native.

However, native iOS support for Xojo is coming later this year for $400.

Shane, Thanks for the feedback.

It looks like I’ve got a couple more hurdles since my app needs to operate in areas w/o wifi or cell networks. I will look into the stand-alone web-development.

Chuck, please pardon if I’m mistaken, but it sounds like from your answer that you don’t understand. The ONLY way to run a Xojo app on an iOS device (until maybe later this year) is to create a web app which runs on a server and connect to that server via the Internet. No net access = SOL.

Currently, the best way to get a native app on an iOS device that requires no net access is to not use Xojo. I prefer native Objective-C using Xcode, but there are plenty of other environments out there that compile native binaries.

But, ALL of these solutions means you re-write the app from scratch.