Hierarchical Drag Reorder Issue

Running into a very strange phenomena today. In an example project I got drag reorder working and then moved it into my main project. The problem is that in the real project the drag reorder indicator doesn’t give me the ability to drag things into a folder.

See video below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24111541/Listbox%20Woes.mp4

I don’t understand what I’m doing differently between the two. They are both in Mac OS X. Both with HiDPI off. The 2nd one is embedded multiple layers deep in container controls but I’ve done the same thing in the example project.

I even went so far as to copy the control from the example project into the main project so I don’t think it has anything to do with settings.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone fixed this before?

Any ideas?

I tried to reproduce and couldn’t and I’ve never noticed that behavior before. Have you stripped the main project way down? Post it and see if we can reproduce.

Yeah, it’s so bizarre - I’ve never seen it do that either. I guess I’ll have to start on a fresh window in the project and see what happens. I’m doing some fairly funky container control work and I hope that’s not the cause because it would truly be a pain to have to redo that portion of the project.

I logged the bug with Xojo. <https://xojo.com/issue/44469> Sorry that it’s a private bug report. Greg made a simpler project than my original and it looks like it is caused by it being in a container two layers deep. So, for example, if you have the hierarchical listbox in container 1 and then put container 1 inside of container 2 it will no longer work as expected.

So the good news is that it’s not me for a change. The bad news is figuring out what to show the client. :frowning:

Now I can reproduce it, even with 1 ContainerControl.

Try dragging far to the right and the insertion cursor will eventually indent.

It seems the X coordinate being processed by the Listbox is not subtracting the Left of ContainerControls. Move the Listbox so it’s Left is 0 and do the same for the ContainerControls, so everything is at the very Left, now the insertion cursor indents in the usual way.

No real help unless you can move the Listbox all the way left. But in your movie it looks like it’s already fully left so I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=275407:@Will Shank]Now I can reproduce it, even with 1 ContainerControl.

Try dragging far to the right and the insertion cursor will eventually indent.

It seems the X coordinate being processed by the Listbox is not subtracting the Left of ContainerControls. Move the Listbox so it’s Left is 0 and do the same for the ContainerControls, so everything is at the very Left, now the insertion cursor indents in the usual way.

No real help unless you can move the Listbox all the way left. But in your movie it looks like it’s already fully left so I don’t know :P[/quote]
Please add that info to your case Bob.