healthcare.gov blog post

Geoff posted an article on healthcare.gov and how it should be setup for scaling. It was a good article.

My question is Xojo WE suited for such scaling? can we put WE apps behind a load balancer and be supported? can they be stand alone WE apps (instead of cgi-bin)?

thanks
sb

I was thinking alone the same lines. It would be nice to get a bit more detail on how the average Xojo developer could accomplish these things. Be a great selling point of the product it there is a ‘off the shelf’ solution to scaling.

There is an off the shelf solution. It’s called a reverse proxy/load balancing solution. You can partner with infrastructure folks who know how to set them up. Forum rules forbid from saying who those people might be. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? Unless it’s a direct Xojo competitor I can’t see any reason why you can’t mention them. (Although with Xojo Cloud coming that might become a grey area).

You nailed it.

Fair enough. If you can send me a PM I’d appreciate it.

me too. please.

Anyone interested in setting something like this up should check out this post/thread for more information:

https://forum.xojo.com/4149-load-balancing-with-nginx/p1#p28982