Headshots

Am I the only person who finds it ironic that Geoff Perlman posted a sticky requesting that everyone use photo headshots as avatars, yet most of the xojo staff who post here don’t?

Most of the staff do use headshots, actually, but it’s just a request, not a requirement.

Yes, I understand it was a request and not a requirement. Still I think it’s ironic that the staff don’t set an example, especially when requested by the CEO. And I really want to see what my RS/Xojo idols Palardy and Ranieri look like :wink:

Head to Vegas next year and you can meet them in person. They’re every bit the rock-stars you imagine them to be.

Buy me a ticket and I’ll be there :wink:

I don’t mandate it. Some are uncomfortable with it. But I hope that everyone considers it because I think it helps create a better community.

I appreciate that you use one, Julia.

Here’s my head shot.

edit: it may change in time.

Have done for a long time now, Geoff, and I laud your effort and fully agree that it makes for a better community, just as the use of “real names” does. And I do understand it’s not a mandate - my original post did mention that you “requested” it. I wasn’t really complaining, just pointing out the irony and hopefully giving the offenders a nudge :slight_smile:

I am not apposed to using a head shot but having to create an account on third party sites to do so when I will never use those services is a pain. To require a gravitar account and wordpress account is crazy.

This forum should allow saving user images. In order to do what we did on the old forum you need a Gravatar account, wordpress account and photobucket or some other photo hosting site.

We will eventually bring this in-house. We used Gravatar because it already existed.

[quote=15860:@Joseph Evert]I am not apposed to using a head shot but having to create an account on third party sites to do so when I will never use those services is a pain. To require a gravitar account and wordpress account is crazy.

This forum should allow saving user images. In order to do what we did on the old forum you need a Gravatar account, wordpress account and photobucket or some other photo hosting site.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I don’t use those other services and it was a last minute decision to give it a go. Apparently Xojo are looking at ways to bring this in-house.

Edit: didn’t see your post Geoff before I posted.

I’m just glad they changed the name to Xojo so we wouldn’t be subject to puns involving the word “real.”

Real headshots

I’ve never used Gravatar either before now, but you all twisted my arm… :wink:

If you bring it inhouse, I hope you continue to support gravatar. Many places online use gravatar and I’d hate to have to manage my photo individually on all those different sites. One central place is great! I’m sure you can set the software up to use one the user uploads, or check gravatar… please :slight_smile:

That will be the time, when I upload a photo.
(I also don´t like to have to register with a third party)

Admittedly being Ginger and extremely ugly I would rather not lol

[quote=16295:@Lee Page]Admittedly being Ginger and extremely ugly I would rather not lol
[/quote]

Borrow someone’s dog. That trick hides a lot of ugly.

:slight_smile: Hahaha now that is funny lol

That’s an old pick-up move too. Everyone loves a cute dog. Bask in its’ reflected glory!

Who said something about dogs?
PS. It is actually a head shot…