Has Xojo matured yet?

I was watching a video on you tube about hacking (i.e.: the original term for code solving) the video mentioned the likes of Python, Linux and the various C’s. This made me wonder if Xojo has truly matured yet. I know that this is the same as asking “am I old yet” or similar to my daughter asking me “dad, how old were you when you were young?”. Is Xojo considered to be a mature language?

what are criteria?

As Xojo does automatic memory management, stack checking and string buffer overflows are unlikely, I think it’s pretty solid by default.

There is a feature request to make plugins (or any libraries) in Xojo more resistant against replacements:
<https://xojo.com/issue/2089>

It depends on the goals.
I know that C is for low level programming, people who use Xojo couldn’t give a flying duck about that, on the other hand Xojo is for rapid deployment and it deploys pretty fast.

It would seem that a language that is effectively now 20 years old, counting in CrossBasic (1996), before it became RealBasic, now become Xojo since 2013, should be mature indeed.

That said, I would not give Xojo iOS the same statute ; it is still far too incomplete to merit more than adolescence.

Not necessarily. Indeed, C can be used for low level programming, but is also good for applications. As a matter of fact, a very large portion of apps currently on the market have been developed in C, or some iteration of it (C++, C#, Objective-C …).

Amazingly enough, as programmers ambitions grow, they often find themselves reaching for calls to the framework or to lower layers of the system. That is when they often use declares. Or plugins that are, interestingly enough, programmed in C++…

True.

Something else to note… the Xojo IDE is actually written and maintained using Xojo. If the language were not mature, that would not be possible.