has anyone hosted on 123-reg.co.uk?

HI,

we have a wordpress website hosted with 123-reg.co.uk
I’m thinking of moving my Xojo Web apps to them so I thought i’d ask here in case anyone has any experience of them

I currently have the Linux essentials hosting but i would be interested in knowing what works easily and what doesnt

Cheers

Russ

I can’t recommend Digital Ocean enough for your Xojo Web needs. I wrote a blog post that can help shed some light on getting started with it all.

I currently host all of my websites through Digital Ocean droplets, as well as run Xojo Web next to Wordpress (yup, that blog!) on my Xojo-things droplet :slight_smile:

We can also recommend Hetzner CLOUD (https://www.hetzner.com/cloud) for Germany / EU hostet in Nuremberg, Falkenstein (Germany) and Helsinki (Finland).

Same thing as Digital Ocean. Up in seconds and works perfect for xojo web.

Also Setup Script from Tim works perfect with these. Thanks @Tim Parnell

[quote=498110:@Tim Parnell]I can’t recommend Digital Ocean enough for your Xojo Web needs. I wrote a blog post that can help shed some light on getting started with it all.

I currently host all of my websites through Digital Ocean droplets, as well as run Xojo Web next to Wordpress (yup, that blog!) on my Xojo-things droplet :)[/quote]
That’s really helpful Tim - thanks.

I’m successfully using UpCloud, pricing similar to Digital Ocean, really fast, nice console and APIs.
EU (Finland) company, data centers in EU (FI,DE,GB,NL), USA and Singapore.
Using CentOS server, configured with the help of @Tim Parnell blog post and scripts.

Edit: UpCloud

I had hideous problems with UpCloud once. Never again.

Although I run a small hosting company I often use Vultr for blazing fast cheap servers. $10 a month gets you a rocketship of a server.

Would you mind giving some details about what happened ?

Where do I start?

Loss of connectivity many times, suspension of service for no reason (one VPS hadn’t even been used and was blank with no operating system and they suspended it for violating TOS), nowhere near the claimed speeds, I’ve had shared hosting go faster. etc etc, I could go on.

Look at the reviews on the internet to get an idea of what I mean. 70% of TrustPilot reviews are either poor or bad with 56% of that being the bad category. I won’t ever go near them again.

Thanks for sharing.
I may be lucky but didn’t have a single issue for 2 years and connexions are damn fast.
None of my servers are critical. I’ll stick with them for now.

1 Like

No problem. You asked that’s all. :grin:

Thanks for the Info, I will have a look at the options.

I couldn’t easily find this topic again since the new forum software.

1 Like