GridControl - 1.0RC4 is now out

Hi everyone,

I am really proud to release a new candidate for my grid control class. The release candidate (RC4) containes
great deal of new features and improvements. I have also made the project compatible
to windows and linux.

The encrypted project files enclosed as well as compiled Mac binary. Please check out if you like and let me know your feedback.

[quote]Changes 1.0RC4:

FIXES:

• adjustColumnWidths now expands the column correctly
  • control’s activated/deactivated state should be displayed correctly for selected rows
  • selected( row as integer) now also updates the lastRowIndex property correctly
  • fixed selection drawing
  • fixed page scrolling when using up/down keys
    NEW FEATURES:
  • [b]added linux and, windows compatibility
  • added ability to reorder columns ( see property: ctrlColumnReorder)
  • added removeColumn( columnIndex as integer ) to remove a column at the specified index
  • added auto row adjust: If a row is partly visible at the top/bottom it gets scrolled in to the full height on selection[/b]
  • setColumn( newColumnSize as integer ) now works properly for adding/removing columns
  • [b]changed drag reorder row behavior
  • checkbox control can now be intermediate (see Enumeration CBoxState)[/b]
  • control elements are fitted to the column and resize appropriate with the column width (height=fixed)
  • replaced clipboardPaste/clipboardCopy with clipboardAction() event getting raised for any action like copy, past and select all
  • implemented “select All” correctly
  • added ctrlDisableHeaderClick flag
  • added lockResizing (Boolean) property to TableHeader that disables resizing for the specified column
  • renamed rowCacheSize to ctrlCacheLookAheadBuffer to give it an appropriate name
  • added more error checking and descriptive error messages retuning from errorException()[/quote]

Download Mac compiled binary:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dis5z9z0zv40f0/GridControlDemo_1_0_RC4.zip?dl=0
Download xojo encrypted project files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d27vv2npg9hhwjm/CustomTableGrid_1_0_RC4_Encrypted.xojo_binary_project?dl=0

[quote=210213:@Rob Egal] have also made the project compatible
to windows and linux.[/quote]
Great ! Don’t think it’s encrypted !

Nice control Rob. I don’t seem to be able to move the scrollbar with the mouse. Mousewheel scrolling is fine.

:wink:

As a “hotfix”. I could implement a plain scrollerX,Y class where you can read the min,max, value from and put
your own scroller in. I’ll think about it but I was actually going to implement the X,Y scroller in RC5 either way.

Doh :smiley:

Can you double check ? I see it encrypted.

I downloaded [quote=210213:@Rob Egal]https://www.dropbox.com/s/d27vv2npg9hhwjm/CustomTableGrid_1_0_RC4_Encrypted.xojo_binary_project?dl=0 [/quote]
I open this binary project file in 2015r2.3 Win-ide and see everything un-encrypted.

just compile to windows version and run it on windowns 7

[quote=210235:@Joost Rongen]I downloaded
I open this binary project file in 2015r2.3 Win-ide and see everything un-encrypted.[/quote]

i open on the mac OS X and see only the GridControl in GridControlFolder encrypted.

• 1 here

when I build to windows version I see the same as @Richard Duke . Running in ide works fine.

yes, you are right, same to me… . @Rob Egal - sorry for the confusion.

[quote=210241:@Joost Rongen]when I build to windows version I see the same as @Richard Duke . Running in ide works fine.

yes, you are right, same to me… . @Rob Egal - sorry for the confusion.[/quote]

only the GridControl Canvas class is enrypted, yes.

[quote=210236:@Richard Duke]just compile to windows version and run it on windowns 7
[/quote]

You can’t compile the project files for protection reasons. The control won’t show anything then (works only in debug/ide mode).

no wonder…

Looks great! How easily could this be adopted to iOS?

Good question. If I only has some sponsorship I could recode it certainly :slight_smile: