Google indexing solution

Since google indexing has always been a problem, i thought of a workable solution. Which might help others.
Google webcrawler is an unsupported browser, so I use the unsupported browser event to generate a text only version of the website.
I used the database for the normal website to generate the content. And I replicated the menus as links. This generates in essence a tekst only version of the website. Google then indexes the tekst only version. The generated links are functional in both the full and the text only version. All the HTML code is placed in ErrorMessage, SendAsHTML=True and return false.

Since both the text version and the full version are created from the same database, both version are updated when the content changes.

The website I used to for this is http://www.aerorasor.com , the content is in dutch so hard to understand for most (google translate doesn’t work). If you google aerorasor it shows the website at 2nd position, with the text only version in the summery. The cached site is still an older proof of concept. If you visit the site with an unsupported browser you can see the text only version.

I would have preferred Hashtags for Navigation, but hashtag is always empty in the allowunsupportedbrowser event so I used URLParameter (thanks to Michel Bujardet for the suggestion). I hope this information helps others.

Great accomplishment, Ralph ! Thank you for posting this. I am sure other members will be glad to have a method to get their apps indexed by Google.

Google translate seems to have discovered the Netherlands :wink:

link

[quote=126361:@Michel Bujardet]Great accomplishment, Ralph ! Thank you for posting this. I am sure other members will be glad to have a method to get their apps indexed by Google.

Google translate seems to have discovered the Netherlands :wink:
[/quote]
I meant if you want use google to translate the site. When translate opens the site, the session dies. It doesn’t even fire the Session.open or the session.allowunsupportedbrowser events.

Translating the text is not a problem. And different versions for different countries will be made at some point.

[quote=126374:@Ralf van de Ven]I meant if you want use google to translate the site. When translate opens the site, the session dies. It doesn’t even fire the Session.open or the session.allowunsupportedbrowser events.

Translating the text is not a problem. And different versions for different countries will be made at some point.[/quote]

Oh, I did not realize Chrome did not offer to translate the Dutch content. Sorry.

The translating actually disconnects from the site after caching it to present the translated content from the Google server, so it makes sense the session dies.

Ralf, sometimes your page will not start… http://www.aerorasor.com

You can do a similar (but empty) error500.html error page to be used when cgi is not loading

(to be indexed in web server…. as error page)

see

http://asap-team.info

http://asap-team.info/error500.html