Goodbye :(

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you to everyone who has helped me over the 10 years that I have been part of the Real Basic / Xojo community.

I am no longer developing using Xojo, as I am now working full time for Mike Cotrone as a UI / Front End Developer.
I very much appreciate all the help over the years, and will still occasionally visit here, to keep abreast of Xojo’s development etc.

I’m looking forward to working with Mike, and creating lots of “goodies” for his company :slight_smile:

Once again - thank you all very much for all the help, it was very much appreciated.
I look forward to receiving all of your goodbye presents through the post :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Richard, did you get my pm?

Hope all goes well with you Richard…

Good luck :slight_smile:

Good luck Richard! :slight_smile:
I’m gonna need some time to think about that present…hmm.

Good luck. We’ll be here if you change your mind.

Good luck with your new job.
What tools do you use now?

Best of luck, hope it all works out!

Best of luck Richard!

Goodbye Richard, your contribution to Pet Peeves was invaluable :wink:

PS Say hello to your sister from me

All the best Richard and I wish you all the best.

I also wish to thank you again for your very nice words and support by a great personal loss in our family. My wife and myself appreciate your nice and comforting words very much.

Wish you all the best.

Chris

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the posts :slight_smile:

@Markus - I just saw your PM - I will answer as soon as I get the chance.
@Albin - No rush with the present - just make sure it’s expensive.
@Kem - You may regret saying that. I might just return once I have conquered my current insurmountable career progression.
@Gavin - Hope nobody took my Pet Peeves posts serious!!! PS, my sister is still available :slight_smile:
@Chris - I hope you are all feeling a little less upset, and have somehow managed to get things relatively back to normal - it takes time, but it does get better (trust me on this one).
@Christian - Tools? I usually use a hammer, and sometimes a saw? Or were you referring to Front End Dev Tools - if so - I use Atom for CSS / HTML / Javascript / Angular.js / jQuery etc.

This ones for you Norman: Should I return in a year or so - I expect Xojo apps to make themselves.

I’m out of breath now :slight_smile:

Good luck, friend. Watch out for that Cotrone guy, though. He seems like a shady character. :wink:

On the upside he won’t stop you from using Xojo in your spare time :slight_smile:

On the downside he’ll make sure you’ll have no spare time :frowning:

So you’re gonna be a wiseguy eh? Working for Al Cotrone. Moving to Chicago I’d imagine.

Good luck Richard. Don’t be a stranger.

[quote=208719:@Peter Fargo]So you’re gonna be a wiseguy eh? Working for Al Cotrone. Moving to Chicago I’d imagine.

Good luck Richard. Don’t be a stranger.[/quote]

+1

Indeed, don’t be a stranger.

Best of luck!

:slight_smile:

Good luck!

No Goodbye :frowning:
BUT:

Au Revoir :slight_smile:

Good luck to you my friend!

keep in touch because I might need to borrow that Gimp outfit sometime :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=208782:@Andre Kuiper]No Goodbye :frowning:
BUT:

Au Revoir :)[/quote]

No Au Revoir!

Lycka till!