Getting started with plugins

Something I wrote down for myself that others might find useful
A getting started guide for Xcode 6.1.1

Thanks Norman! Very helpful!

Thanks Norman.
Getting started for Win and Linux would be fine too.

Someone who writes plugins there should write one :slight_smile:

Ja. I only did Cocoa plugins and simple Windows plugins (only classes).
But I didn’t done any a Win32 control plugin (what is really important for the true cross platform experience)
A example like the cocoa control for win32 would be really useful.

There are VS projects in the plugins SDK examples for Complete Class, Complete Module, Eye Control, Structures & Enums, Variant Tester, and a specific VS 2005 .Net example

Look at Eye Control

What my getting started guide tells you is how to take one of the examples & get it set up so you can even get started customizing the project to write your own project

Yes I know. But I want to wrap a original win32 control.
Take the Hosted Plugin and port it to win32 and linux (of course you should take a easier control like a simple Button). This would be awesome.

Do you know anyone doing a hosted control for Windows at all?

I don’t do that and I’m happy that I got it for working Mac myself.

I only know Einhugur did a win32 control plugin.

[quote=162753:@Norman Palardy]Something I wrote down for myself that others might find useful
A getting started guide for Xcode 6.1.1[/quote]
This link is not working. Any chance it can be fixed? I’d love to have a look at it.

Cheers
Grant

[quote=171299:@Grant Singleton]This link is not working. Any chance it can be fixed? I’d love to have a look at it.

Cheers
Grant[/quote]
I just opened that link
Now I DO see the internet is having a bunch of what look like DNS issues

Definitely not working from Sydney.

Cheers
Grant

Link is working from here (Germany)

Could someone be so kind as to send me the PDF in an email to: gwsingo@gmail.com.

Cheers
Grant

Guess what - it’s Mac OS X 10.10.2 which is the problem. Found a link which has instructions on reverting back to mDNSresponder from 10.9. Tried it on my MacBook Pro first… net works much better now.

Cheers
Grant

You have no idea how unsurprised I am that its 10.10 being the problem

Great guide. Thanks!

I have run into a problem when I try to build the Variant example and the Complete Class example:

Semantic issue Use of undeclared identfier ‘nullptr’.

The error is in PluginMain.cpp (15 errors)

For example from here

void REALLockText(REALtext value) { static void(*pLockText)(REALtext) = nullptr; if (!pLockText) pLockText = (void(*)(REALtext)) CallResolver("REALLockText"); if (pLockText) pLockText(value); }

add a define to the top of the file:

#define nullptr NULL

and it works.
You get that automatically if you use latest C++ compiler.

You are soooo right!

Thanks!