getting a group2D object into an image well

Greetings,

I am trying to avoid canvases as one cannot put a canvas over a canvas without the canvas covering other elements (a drawn line). But you can put an image well onto a window without having the line being covered! Amazing as it too, is a control.

I need to put a figure Object2d into an image well so I can trigger a mouse click event. Is there a way to do this? OR…even better

Is there a way to make an Object2D able to trigger a mouse click event? There will be many Object2D’s that need to be moved or otherwise modified (rotation and other properties related to the object.)

For a lot of reasons (one-I don’t know how) I don’t want to use one canvas. Are object2D’s individually clickable on a single canvas?

Thanks!

Carl

Ya know… starting a new topic based on the same problem for which you have been given advice and direction, doesn’t invalidate that advice and direction, and really won’t change the fact that you are approaching this all wrong.

Use ONE CANVAS… it can be done very easily once you understand how it works. I have programs that obtain 30fps animation on one canvas…

Not “wanting to” is an excuse not a reason, and “I don’t know how” translates to “I really don’t want to know”
and to be honest, those make a lot of people not want to bother…

yup…

I get your point. So how do you make a clickable goup2D object on a single canvas? None of the inherited attributes of a 2D Object have a mouse down event. Nowhere in documentation is there anything found. All I’m trying to do is investigate other alternatives, that allow me to use my skill set to solve a problem. I have spent days (weeks) looking for a solution. I’ve been programming for over 40 years in multiple languages, and have used my programs very successfully in the classroom, using Dartmouth basis, fortran, applesoft, AppleScript, tutor, realBasic, LINGO, Hypertalk. So I have crossed a few bases, and my question still has legitimacy.

Thank you for your understanding,

Carl

No, no they don’t, but the Canvas does, and you know where your shape is located.

Take the X,Y from the Canvas Mouse Click and compare it to the bounds of your shapes

And so you have been programming for 40+ years, so have I, and in all the languages you mentioned and perhaps a dozen you’ve probably never even heard of, and that includes writing a few interpeter/compilers of my own. But just because “the book” doesn’t explictedly say it can be done, doesn’t mean it can’t