Gesture Errors

I don’t know if this is a possiblity with iOS XOJO or not … (perhaps with Buttton actions?)

But in Swift I have gotten this error message, if I tap a control too fast

Has anyone seen this in an XOJO app? and if so how would you catch it and deal with it (or ignore it?)

Haven’t seen such. Where does that message come from? Do you use specialized GestureRecognizers or via the TouchesEnded Event?

It pops up in XCODE when running via Simulator, the program doesn’t fail, so it looks like more of a warning… but I hate ANY message that isn’t planned for :slight_smile:
and in this particular case it is the action event for a Stepper

[quote=189250:@Dave S]I don’t know if this is a possiblity with iOS XOJO or not … (perhaps with Buttton actions?)

But in Swift I have gotten this error message, if I tap a control too fast

Has anyone seen this in an XOJO app? and if so how would you catch it and deal with it (or ignore it?)[/quote]

Have you tried to trigger the error in Xojo by taping very fast ? With some luck the error does not manifest.

Maybe you can avoid the error by disabling the button for a small period at the beginning of Action and release with a timer. A bit like Auto Disable works in Web Edition. Hopefully the gesture recognition is not buffered.

AFAIK double tap does not exist for buttons, so this should work just fine.

Just a shot in the dark, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s simply Simulator telling you it’s not the fastest app.
In case this happened and I would be concerned, I would try for an exclusive set-up of only the GestureRecognizers I need for my purpose.

EDIT: Michel, via a TapGestureRecognizer attached to a view (in that case, a button) and a numberOfTapsRequired property of 2, it should be possible to register double taps if you ever need one.

I have no doubt about that. Fact is it seems double tap is used so far only for the Home button.