German Xojo Evangelist Position

Xojo, Inc. is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic individual to join our global marketing team as a German Xojo Evangelist. The ideal candidate would be passionate about Xojo and software development, comfortable answering technical and sales related questions, have some experience with other development tools to better enable them to answer technical questions (such as xcode, Live Code, Visual Studio, etc.) and be versed in social media.

Duties include:
*Conduct Xojo webinars for international audience modeled after English language webinars;
*Localize Xojo.com website into target language and maintain regularly for changes and new content;
*Localize provided Google Adwords to increase search traffic;
*Grow Xojo community by engaging with users on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and other social media websites;
*Localize press releases; and
*Assist with other activities unique to language.

This position is not a full-time position, estimate spending ~10 hours week.

Until reading this, I was in hope localized Xojo GUI could come back.
:slight_smile:

No, but this position will help our German users with support and education. Our goal is to help all German users learn new things about Xojo’s growing features and abilities and to get your questions answered faster…and in German!

Still anyone I talked with doesn’t believe 10 hours a week will do it.
Make it a full time job, both for German and Italian. At least my opinion.

Christian, While we appreciate your opinion, the job does not yet require a full time commitment. That said, the job is what you make of it. If you dedicate the time sales should reflect that and so will the commission the Evangelist will earn!

[quote=66848:@Christian Schmitz]Still anyone I talked with doesn’t believe 10 hours a week will do it.
Make it a full time job, both for German and Italian. At least my opinion.[/quote]

Or combine the jobs and appoint someone from South Tyrol to do it :wink:

Great idea. Alyssa, there in north Italy close to Austria, there is city of Bozen and this county used to be part of Austria. So people there speak usually both German and Italian.
So maybe email the job offer to Xojo users in that area?

Hi,

We need a person to Brazil too … There are almost 200 million people, large industries and many, many developers with expertise in Visual Studio that would love to work with Xojo.

[quote=67088:@Christian Schmitz]Great idea. Alyssa, there in north Italy close to Austria, there is city of Bozen and this county used to be part of Austria. So people there speak usually both German and Italian.
So maybe email the job offer to Xojo users in that area?[/quote]

As an italian which lives now in Germany, I can confirm this: an italian from Bozen/Bolzano can probably do both languages.
For the same reason, many people from Switzerland can do the same, due to the tri-languages officially spoken in that country.

Well, also a lot people in Germany speaks several languages, so why only swiss or south tyrolean - look after a multi-language programmer.

It can also be frenchmen with the required expertise!

Btw: I think there’s only one logical choice for the german Market: Christian Schmitz

He’s probably already now ten hours a week in this forum and helps people!

[quote=67187:@Massimo Valle]
For the same reason, many people from Switzerland can do the same, due to the tri-languages officially spoken in that country.[/quote]

Possibly… But support in a national language is not such a big issue here, as most firms require English as a basic requirement for recruitment. Also because most teams have a high number of foreigners, the daily working language is also English to some extent ranging from everything in English to meetings in any language you want but all documents in English. One one occasion I even worked for very Swiss company where the working language was US English - every time I used UK spelling or grammar the team lead corrected my documents!

@Lars: I prefer to be independent.
But I’d love to work together with the new Xojo team members to organize marketing things like events.

@Adelar Duarte We do have a Portuguese partner and we just launched a Portuguese version of our website!

We appreciate all of your suggestions for regions. If anyone is qualified and meets the job requirements then please apply. We’ll keep looking until we find someone.