Generated HTML mail not correct in Outlook

My program generates a HTML email by using BKeeney Shorts Report generator and sends the email by using CurlMBS.

When I look in my Mail program the email looks fine.

In Outlook the email isn’t shown correct.

When I click Show in web browser in Outlook the email is shown correct in the browser.

Is there anybody who knows why the email is not shown correct in Outlook?

How do you send the images? Can you upload the full source somewhere? Or send me a test mail to mail@beatrixwillius.de?

The images are integrated in the mail.
I’ve send the email in eml format to you.
Thank you for your help.

is that latest CURL plugin?
You use inline graphics here?
With passing ID to plugin for adding the attachments?

Which version of Outlook did you try? In the latest version everything looks okay.

[quote=269205:@Christian Schmitz]is that latest CURL plugin?
You use inline graphics here?
With passing ID to plugin for adding the attachments?[/quote]
I’m using CURL plugin from MBS plugins 16.2 and inline graphics.

Tested in Windows Office 2010 and 2013.

Try with external images.

outlook is maybe configured to never show images?

That would probably the easiest way, but when looking at how the email is generated, this isn’t possible.
The HTML email is generated with BKeeney Shorts and images are automatically integrated as HTML.

Yes, but when I set Outlook to automatically show the images the result is still the same.

Hi Paul,
I’m do something similar (I’m sending emails to our customers for all their shipments). I’m using CURL plugin from MBS plugins 16.2 and inline graphics, I’ve duplicated plugin example program, and I’m using this html templates from Here .
outlook 2007, 2013 and 2016 works fine.
could be the html ?

Thank you Luciano.
I’ll have a look at the templates.

I’ve send you a email example.

BTW, I don’t think you can tell Outlook to do that, inline pics will always be displayed. And why not, really.

I have generated HTML output and checked it with the HTML layout of the email.
When I open both in an editor, I notice following.
The text 3D is added to the email on multiple places.
Does CurlMBS add these to the email?

e.g.
HTML output:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Email HTML output:

<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D= UTF-8" />

HTML output:

<DIV class="Style1" style="position: absolute; top:0pt; left:20pt; width:572pt; height:18pt; text-align:center;overflow-x:hidden ;overflow-y:hidden;white-space:nowrap">Labeldiscounter BV</DIV>

Email HTML output:

<DIV class=3D"Style1" style=3D"position: absolute; top:0pt; left:20pt;= width:572pt; height:18pt; text-align:center;overflow-x:hidden ;overfl= ow-y:hidden;white-space:nowrap">Labeldiscounter BV</DIV>

for transmitting the HTML must be encoded with quoted printable.
So all = are =3D for transmission.

To display the html, the email app will decode it.
Of course the quoted printable must be listed as encoding in the headers.
My plugin does that.

This is called “ContentTransferEncoding” and looks okay.

You might want to look if Outlook is being managed through Exchange as well. Windows System Administrators have a huge amount of control over what actually gets through to Outlook ultimately.

Because as much as we want everyone that sends email to be honorable, they’re not, and it’s possible to deliver malicious software disguised as an image. It’s an efficient way to automatically get code into the memory of a target computer since mail clients tend to just load them.

You might also want to check if there’s any virus scanner, ad blocker or spam filtering involved here. They will sometimes strip HTML and inline pictures out of an email on the premise that the user only needs text to get the gist of the email.

[quote=269197:@Paul Sondervan]My program generates a HTML email by using BKeeney Shorts Report generator and sends the email by using CurlMBS.

When I look in my Mail program the email looks fine.

In Outlook the email isn’t shown correct.

When I click Show in web browser in Outlook the email is shown correct in the browser.

Is there anybody who knows why the email is not shown correct in Outlook?[/quote]

I believe it’s related to security reason the pictures are not shown. I have the same issue on “Mozilla Thunderbird” when received embedded images into the email. You have then an option to show images in email, but you are warned that the email might be a security risk to open.

Okay, I have manually adjusted the HTML and added external pictures.
The pictures are now shown in Outlook.
But the positioning of all text and pictures is completely wrong.
Outlook (2007/2013) can’t work with the absolute positioning in the generated HTML. :frowning:

Instead of this:

HTML code:

[code]

Email body, p, td { font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #&h00000000; text-align:left; background-color: #FFFFFF; } .Style1 { font-family: Arial; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold; } .Style2 { font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; } .Style3 { font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold; }
Labeldiscounter BV
Beste
Uw bestelling bij Labeldiscounter BV is zojuist ingepakt.
Verwachte bezorgdatum:
2016-02-25 14:15:21
Ordernummer:
Naam:
Vervoerder:
John
Zodra wij uw zending overgedragen hebben aan onze vervoerder ontvangt u van ons bericht.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Labeldiscounter BV
[/code]

Outlook does not support CSS position
:frowning:

However I am almost positive Outlook will let you use tables for layout.