Free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine available

Not a lot of use for ARM Mac users (like me) but, for everyone else, Microsoft has made available a free Windows 11 Enterprise virtual machine for download. Aimed at developers, Microsoft says, “Start building Windows applications quickly by using a virtual machine with the latest versions of Windows, the developer tools, SDKs, and samples ready to go.”

There are versions to download for VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, and Parallels.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/

12 Likes

The bad part is that it expires in less than one year, and you’ll will need to download a renewed one and reinstall all your mess there again. But doable.

It’s not bad to start with a fresh Windows installation regularly.

Thank you Gavin!

If regularly means after at least 4 years of the last install I’m ok with that. :smiley:

I can’t seem to get it working. As soon as I click a download button (any of them), my download immediately starts and halts with the state “interrupted” (zero KB downloaded).
Tried refreshing the page, same problem.

Edit: works with Firefox (not Safari), so I keep my post here in case someone encounters the same issue.

2 Likes

I took the Parallels VM. Very complete and worked right away.
Does Windows 11 offer a big advantage compared to Windows 10 ? I doubt, it’s just nicer but it must be proven how stable it will be.

Forum for Xojo Programming Language and IDE. Copyright © 2021 Xojo, Inc.